Any aphidgod contributions I've missed?

Aw shucks, guys. :redface:

Glad to hear you enjoy the cars. I think the list here is pretty complete aside from the NSX which I did some updating to, mostly just v10 Kunos-style tires and the changes necessary to represent a 1994 Acura version alongside the JDM pair.

There's also a couple of pay cars floating around: @A3DR's old Prelude, which seems to be unavailable currently, and the Miker Formula Junior car which you can get from @Sergio Loro along with his wonderful classic Zandvoort. (Which I still haven't bought, because I'm an idiot.)

Miker Formula Junior
Oh, I was interested in that car but hadn't realised you did the physics....

... so, I just bought it. I couldn't resist. I'm very confident it'll be great.

I tried out the Laguna Seca Mustangs last night. Both of them are just ridiculously good. Perfect! Bedtime was delayed because I was enjoying the driving so much :)

I am interested: how do you know how to do the physics? You have data? How do you get the feel just right?

The Mustangs should be getting an update in the not-too-distant future, and then they'll be a lot better. ;)

The data available varies from project to project - on one end of the spectrum I have my WRX, which I own IRL and can measure/test/datalog any time. On the other end is the S800 RSC, where the only thing we really knew was that it did in fact exist. The Mustang was more like the Subaru, I had good data for most parts of the car, including some requested measurements, and two test drivers with RL experience on road and track to help with the 'feels.' @arthur666 @ronniej

With cars like the ones in the NFS pack, it comes down to one part listening to what the data tells you the car should feel like, and one part reading between the lines in reviews, road tests, and while watching videos to get an idea of the quirks and subtleties and how they might manifest in light of what's known about the mechanicals. Not too many Diablo owners kicking around the forums for testing, I'm afraid, so there's certain amount of (informed) guesswork involved. :(

Last edited:
The Mustangs should be getting an update in the not-too-distant future, and then they'll be a lot better. ;)

The data available varies from project to project - on one end of the spectrum I have my WRX, which I own IRL and can measure/test/datalog any time. On the other end is the S800 RSC, where the only thing we really knew was that it did in fact exist. The Mustang was more like the Subaru, I had good data for most parts of the car, including some requested measurements, and two test drivers with RL experience on road and track to help with the 'feels.' @arthur666 @ronniej

With cars like the ones in the NFS pack, it comes down to one part listening to what the data tells you the car should feel like, and one part reading between the lines in reviews, road tests, and while watching videos to get an idea of the quirks and subtleties and how they might manifest in light of what's known about the mechanicals. Not too many Diablo owners kicking around the forums for testing, I'm afraid, so there's certain amount of (informed) guesswork involved. :(
Thanks for the explanation. It's really interesting to me as I spend so much time race simming and wondering about physics, its most important element.

Do you also have expertise/extensive knowledge in engineering, or similar?

"On the other end is the S800 RSC, where the only thing we really knew was that it did in fact exist." This is quite funny :)

BTW, I have been driving the Miker F Junior. It is excellent! The handling is awesome. It's one of the strangest cars I have (virtually) driven. It is open wheel and front-wheel drive which makes it very unusual in the context of racing cars in race sims where nearly every car is RWD. It makes the Miker Junior unique.

Super excited about the Mustangs update! Hard to believe they could get much better than they already are.

Yeah, that Formula Jr. car is a real oddball. I never expected it to be any good, honestly, but when it started to come together I was pretty surprised. I think everybody involved was too. It's fantastic. :p

As for expertise, none really. I trained as a graphic designer and I make a living building electronic music instruments. I just like cars... :D

I guess the experience of building a project car (or two) over the years at least gave me some knowledge base to start with. But a background in engineering of any kind? No.

Yeah, that Formula Jr. car is a real oddball. I never expected it to be any good, honestly, but when it started to come together I was pretty surprised. I think everybody involved was too. It's fantastic. :p
If you look at the components that that car was made of, you just think that it can't work, FWD drivetrain, leafsprings, 3 cylinder 2-stroke. The local museum to my knowledge has one but its not on display but in storage somewhere, or on lend.

• ronniej

Oh, I was interested in that car but hadn't realised you did the physics....

... so, I just bought it. I couldn't resist. I'm very confident it'll be great.

I tried out the Laguna Seca Mustangs last night. Both of them are just ridiculously good. Perfect! Bedtime was delayed because I was enjoying the driving so much :)

I am interested: how do you know how to do the physics? You have data? How do you get the feel just right?
aphidgod is a wizard...Period.
He did an amazing job on the Boss, and I'm looking forward to driving the latest update version just posted tonight. Thx again @aphidgod.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite car is usually the one I'm working on at the moment. :D

I enjoy a lot of Kunos' cars. The historic cars are pretty great across the board. Big fan of the RX7. I like the old Huayra a lot. I can't drive the Group C cars to save my life, but I do love them.

My favorite car is usually the one I'm working on at the moment. :D

I enjoy a lot of Kunos' cars. The historic cars are pretty great across the board. Big fan of the RX7. I like the old Huayra a lot. I can't drive the Group C cars to save my life, but I do love them.
I like the RX7 too. Use it a lot. I'll give the old Huayra another go as I haven't tried it much.
I like the historic cars too but I reckon I prefer the physics of the XJ13 and the Lola (no kidding).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%