GT5 Another New Update - v1.07 Now Up!

In a surprise GT5 update (v1.06 was released just one week ago), Polyphony Digital has made a few more tweaks to the game, including a fairly major revision to the car gifting/trading system. Here’s the official list of what v1.07 (a 47 MB download) contains:

[Major Changes and New Features]
Friend Rankings: In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare your lap times and points with them.

[Fixed Issues]
- Performance points (PP), which is an index of a car’s overall performance, is now calculated regardless of your tire selection. You can now set performance point restrictions and tire restrictions separately when you race in a lounge.
- Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
- Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

[Other Changes]
- Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process.

OPC is already filling up with people whining about that one million credit gift limit. I guess they have nothing to do with all those X2010s they've been duping now. Might have meant something if they'd done this a bit earlier...

Gifting to Resume Temporarily

Another snippet from Kaz's Twitter.

As people have been insisting on using the gifting feature as a trade and loan system, it appears that the new value limit will be temporarily removed in the near future. This will allow people to finish trades and get back cars loaned to friends. It looks like there will be a three hour window in which to do this, but hopefully PD will give a little more warning before it happens this time.

Of course, given the rather poor translation provided by Google, I might be completely wrong...

Hi....I just ordered GT5...I know im late, been really busy lately....

Anyway, just wanted to know if I download this latest update, does that automatically mean I have all the previous updates too? Or do I need to download them individually?

Cheers

I think it'll do them all for you automatically, but you have to do them all.

I was really hoping that you were going to list replay functions in this update...*sigh* I really hope they do that soon! Both for pictures, and for league use.

When you give someone a gift, you are not supposed to be expecting something in return. It was never meant to be a trading system.

Unless I'm missing something here I dont see whats wrong with trading cars. I think it adds something more to the game.
You've earnt that car, isn't upto you if you want to give that car to someone OR trade for a different car so as to help you and the person you trade with progress further in the game...A-spec, B-spec or online.

I know why he's done it (Kaz) because poeple have totally abuse the system and sell hard to get rare cars on Ebay and they are making money for themselves from Kaz's own money spinner. You cant stick you fingers in someone else's pie without that someone getting a bit upset :(

It's a shame that it had to happen but I also read that the update took many people by surprise and weren't aware that the gift/trade was being limited to 1,000,000cr so this feature will be suspended for a limited time only so that players can get cars back that they have lent to people on a short term basis and that also more warning will be given in future of such updates :)

Unless I'm missing something here I dont see whats wrong with trading cars. I think it adds something more to the game.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with trading cars. What I said is that the system in GT5 is for gifting, not trading. It was not designed in any way, shape or form to support people trading cars with each other or loaning them out. That is why people keep getting stung by scammers (and then have the nerve to 'blame' PD although its them misusing the gift feature), and why people were caught out by this sudden change.

I guess Kaz thought that there were enough kind hearted people out there prepared to give cars to others without expectation to warrant such a feature. To be honest, I wish he was right. But given the abuse the feature gets and all the whining if there's any hint of it being changed, its clear that he was not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back