1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Another new car skin...

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Fergus O'Daly, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Since I reinstalled windows and forgot to backup all my old Photoshop skin template psd files, I decided to start from scratch. I made a couple of Takedown cars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. thats coll buddy

3. Beautiful work, mate. I especially love the detail put into the cockpit decals (something I still don't bother myself to do with my liveries yet :p)

4. Yeah, I cover the entire dash with my own carbon fiber texture that I make from scratch, then I apply dark decals to the dash since the inside of the car is supposed to look much darker.

The only sucky part is... I designed the skins, but my steering wheel broke over a month ago, so I can't drive the car at all. In the movie I made, I let the ai drive the car for me.

I'm currently looking to buy a cheap wheel. I kind of prefer 90 degree wheels, so I was thinking of picking up an old Logitech Driving Force Pro on ebay. I almost won an auction for one that was $26 and free shipping, but somebody out bid me at the last 30 seconds. I'm going to keep trying.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matt Horst

Matt Horst
    Premium Member

Hope you get a wheel soon so we can race again,and get formula truck to.Bet you could make some sick looking truck skins.:D

6. Hells yeah! That sounds like fun. I hope there are truck templates available.

There's an auction ending in 5 min for a Logitech Driving Force Pro for $44.81. I'm going to do a max bid of $54.81 for it during the last minute. Hopefully I'll win it. Fingers crossed.

7. Crap, during the last 9 seconds I was out bid. It sold to somebody else for $55.81. I tried to rush bid, but I couldn't do it fast enough. Right when I hit the "Bid" button the page refreshed and said "SOLD". This keeps happening to me. Grrr. I should have placed my first bid during the last 10 seconds.

8. Finally. I managed to buy a Logitech Driving Force Pro for $40 on eBay. Arrives in a couple of days.

Funny thing... I was checking on eBay for a DFP and couldn't find any worth bidding on, then about a minute later I refreshed the page and suddenly there was a new listing for a DFP with a "Buy it now" price of $40. I read the description fast to make sure it was in good condition, then I threw it in my cart and checked out about 2 seconds later. I think I was the only guy on the planet that ever had the chance to view the listing.

It's going to be nice having a steering wheel again. The crashes are I miss the most.
    Straightaway on Curitiba:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JpyCt664gQ&feature=youtu.be&t=9m23s

9. Could a moderator please rename this thread to be called "Custom "Takedown" skins for GSC2012" and move it into the "GSC Mods" section. Somebody moved my other car skin thread there, so I just figured this thread should be there with it. Thanks.