Another Green Hell Fun Run, Weds 27th July

So the fact that I have included the retro-cars on the "all cars server" makes it impossible for all that have not bought the retro pack to join the server?

Strange thing is that I too have had a lot of "unknown tracks" lately, like Spa is atm unknown to me (I'm hosting the 2004 version). Strange stuff, I have not investigated it yet. Peter (or anybody else), do you remember what we did previous seasons out of the three versions; 2003, 2004 and 2008? (The server does not have the 2008 version, so I guess we never did that).

So the fact that I have included the retro-cars on the "all cars server" makes it impossible for all that have not bought the retro pack to join the server?

I think so Nico, I can fix that for myself from my end, I'll go get the retro pack right now:D

On another note.. I havn't been able to see any Presto servers in the lobby all day? is it just me?

Jim

Strange thing is that I too have had a lot of "unknown tracks" lately, like Spa is atm unknown to me (I'm hosting the 2004 version). Strange stuff, I have not investigated it yet. Peter (or anybody else), do you remember what we did previous seasons out of the three versions; 2003, 2004 and 2008? (The server does not have the 2008 version, so I guess we never did that).

We have always run the downloaded 2004 Version of Spa; and I would have preferred the 2003 Bus Stop. :)

There is a 2008 version available now - with the Bus Stop effectively removed :mad: and no doubt lots of tarmac run off areas....

I drove Mini with Jim at Brands on a gamer's crib server last night. It was kind of american football with cars:) My car was scrapped in the first corner:) I think I'm a little spoiled by driving in the Presto environment.

I drove Mini with Jim at Brands on a gamer's crib server last night. It was kind of american football with cars:) My car was scrapped in the first corner:) I think I'm a little spoiled by driving in the Presto environment.

It was a shame you joined with too little time left to get yourself up the front of the grid, in general the guys up the front will give you a very good race, as was the case yesterday

I was on the 100mbit with Reik in the morning and we had a blast, for the Brands race I think we qualied 4th and 6th? we didnt win but we had great fun, the guys up the front really knew how to drive minis, it's funny when you come to lap the noobs after a couple of laps, trying to second guess which side to go, it adds a bit of extra excitement to the proceedings:cool:

Jim

yeah, was great fun Jim! :)

the 100mbit server is always hosting the Minis with short qually and 8 laps on several tracks. Really funny and like Jim said, the drivers in front know how to drive, else they wouldn't be that fast with the minis... :)

Hey Jim,

would you like to make a final call about the format we'll use on wednesday? (start time, qualy format, race length, laps,...?)

If you do so, it could be helpfull, if you also copy those infos in the first post...

thx mate! :)

Hi

As I think I've indicated in an earlier post I think we should do a Q session and warm up(time to grab a drink) in between, followed by 2 x 4 lap races

Question is how long a Qualy session?

I propose 25 mins giving us enough time for one out lap and two hot laps (around 20-22 mins) if you stack it on the first hot lap then...well.... your kinda screwed:wink:, a superpole situation:cool:

25 mins of course gives us a nice tidy, Practice at 19:00 (BST) Qualy at 20:00 (BST) and race #1 at more or less 20:30 (BST), exactly what we're used to

Hope this is OK

Jim

Edit: This is of course all subject to the approval of our race director, who's mind may well be on other things in light of recent events :(

I plan to attend :)
It will be good to have a run again as it has been a while for me.... With luck [and my lack of skills] I should be last and that will add to everyone else's track security this time. These tin tops wobble in a straight line when i drive 'em...so frustrating compared to an open-wheeler.

Edit: This is of course all subject to the approval of our race director, who's mind may well be on other things in light of recent events :(
It would be no problem should the event be postponed or cancelled Jim/ Nico. You are in my thoughts...

Nicooooo :)

Good to hear from you, I was begining to worry

I've seen Per was active on FB the other day :), I trust Rune is ok also?

I'm up to my ears in work so I've done 0 laps practice, it'll be an "arrive n drive" for me:eek: I'm looking forward to it

Jim

We are all ok, thank you for your concerns everybody :)

Although I live close to both the sites I do not personally know anybody involved. It is a terrible tradegy and everything here in Norway is strongly influenced by it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back