General Anonymous Ratings

@mantasisg I honestly think that you're over-reacting. To everything.

I haven't said anything personal against you. I have questioned your logic and stated some obvious facts about your track.

But, I have work to do now, and later, fun to have. You should maybe try the latter ;)

Yes, I will.

And I created a thread on the subject of Anonymous Ratings. And it is being turned on me personally. I never said that I make top quality mods, and that they deserves the best. But they deserves what they deserves. And we shouldn't talk about my mods, but about our mods. Not about me, but us. I don't like how this is being flipped, and turned on me. Thats just dirty.

It had to be simple and clear subject.

This thread had to be about anonymous ratings, and it has turned into completely different subjects. "Does it hurt yo you?", "Why do you care?", "Ratings are all stupid"......

@Fat-Alfie My mods are completely useless, totally worthless to have, not worth a single star. They are unfinished, full of mistakes, done by total amateur in a few weeks (sarcasm away, I really haven't spent too much time on Goodwood yet). I never cared about anything, I have been doing them blindfolded and drunk. Only. They are destined to sink into the abyss of darkness, because there are just so much better choices what to use in your priceless free time. And it is ok. Nevermind that they are free to have, or not to have - they are offence to all simracers. I should feel bad about making them, and, oh dear, releasing unfinished. Not even worth to bother to test, but just had to be neutralized the first days of release.

However..... Since ~half mods will be getting mostly five stars... I take 5stars not what they are supposed to mean, but what they actually means. 5 is a thumb up, and anything less is thumb going down, 3 meaning almost a total thumb down already. It just is like that. It is not about how it should be, but how it is.

I wanted to talk about anonymous ratings, and why do I think it is wrong, but all is happening there is discussion about how pointless it is to care, how I am wrong to make it important, how bad it is, perhaps even sinful. And I expected to get a lot of similar responses, but not that it will dominate so much. Even turning personal on me.

I have never aimed to collect 5stars and likes and stuff everyday like complete narcissist, but I really hate the idea that some external factors might be affecting, I would call - the reputation of my mods. And it is clearly going downhill rapidly. Because of anonymous rates.

Just don't make fun out of me now. I never expected to be better than anyone I don't deserve to. Remember stupid Jebus post in official forums ? I was at your side, but you guys couldn't understand that. @LilSki and@Fat-Alfie. The thread was about anonymous rates. Look at Kicevo, not at my mods.

Well one more battle is lost. A bit sad, oh well...

no-one-cares-for-me-quote-1-picture-quote-1.png

Best morning ever.

But what I am trying to say is that if you want ratings to be fair, you need to take the rough with the smooth. You have to be as willing to accept unfair low ratings as you are to accept unfair high ratings, anonymous or otherwise. I certainly haven't attacked you, or your mods, but what you are saying makes no sense.

If my mod had 20 ratings of 5 stars each, but the track was probably a genuine 3 star track, is it right that when some rates it as a 2 star I should complain?

If you don't / won't accept that then I think I need to stop reading this thread, because that is completely logical and fair in my mind - sorry.

Yes, I will.

And I created a thread on the subject of Anonymous Ratings. And it is being turned on me personally.
ehm, well, yeah, ofc it turned on you personally because you started arguing against on topic statements of other people :O_o: You asked for oppinions, you got oppinions, and then you turned sour because they were not what you expected.

General conclusion seems to be that ratings are not to be taken too seriously, as every user out there uses them in their own interpretation, just as every mod uploader has a different approach to uploading. And you can't force those! Just like you can't force people to upload only 1.0 releases.

Anonymous ratings are rare, and that you can do those isn't even aware to most, so why push it into the spotlight even more. The Kiveco issue was something that was 100% political, not even tangenting the normal reviews in any way.

Not to mention that every change would affect the whole of the RD download section, not only the AC part, there's 37 other modding communities existing here on RD alone that "we" have basically no contact to.

Just a supposition, are you sure that there are not people here clicking on a rating without even being aware they did ?
As all visitors here are not always perfect usual users of a forum like this one, sure it already happened ... and that's the reason why in this case .... no review is written.

In fact .... just unconscious click errors

ehm, well, yeah, ofc it turned on you personally because you started arguing against on topic statements of other people :O_o: You asked for oppinions, you got oppinions, and then you turned sour because they were not what you expected.

General conclusion seems to be that ratings are not to be taken too seriously, as every user out there uses them in their own interpretation, just as every mod uploader has a different approach to uploading. And you can't force those! Just like you can't force people to upload only 1.0 releases.

Anonymous ratings are rare, and that you can do those isn't even aware to most, so why push it into the spotlight even more. The Kiveco issue was something that was 100% political, not even tangenting the normal reviews in any way.

Not to mention that every change would affect the whole of the RD download section, not only the AC part, there's 37 other modding communities existing here on RD alone that "we" have basically no contact to.

Because the statements were targeted on me, but not on the issue. I have stated that anonymous ratings are wrong. And peeps started pointing at me, with low key "no issue". There was very little normal discussion and proper opinions. Just from a few guys.

General conclusion is that most who participated there talked not about anonymous ratings, but about ratings in general with a lot of "it is important, but I don't care, who cares, just don't care, chill".

I pushed it into spotlight because it is wrong, it shouldn't be so. Do I have to repeat ? And Kicevo is perfect example - mod is going down because politics, even though it is damn good mod. And it goes down through anonymous ratings. It is issue.

And yes it would have an impact, a positive impact.

Last edited:
Omg, what a drama queen! I'm more sure than ever that I was right in that AC forum thread.

You told then that a particular track should be done by known best modelers. Then I said that we shouldn't expect best guys, of which there are only 2-3, to do every single track in existence for thanks. Also told that other, smaller guys, like me, who are working on that and should be appreciated. And hearing things like "I wish that better modder did that, instead of you" can hurt actually. The thread was about Ahvenisto.

Then you misinterpreted this on purpose that I'm jealous because other are better than me, which is not true. So I think that you are quite good at soap operas, and I don't like that. I also didn't like that you continued to follow me for several months and kept clicking those stupid sad faces on my posts.

I just asked to remove anonymous ratings.

Excuse me, for not ignoring this people, but I'm just forced to defend myself.

If anyone is even reading what I write.

Thanks for those who does.

Trying to get back on topic, on which I hoped to have nice discussion. No more drama queen, from now on will totally ignore anything which is touching me. Reminding once again - the point is that anonymous ratings makes no sense.

thank you for seeing the bigger picture. :thumbsup::)

Is it technically difficult just to disable anonymous ratings ? The very topic of this thread.

Or is it now settled down, because it seems that majority of whose voice appeared in this thread is in favor for anonymous ratings. And it is weird.

Anonymous ratings are displayed in a format where I wouldn't even be able to tell if someone had done it, so I don't really care either way.

Like, the Reliant Robin has 28 ratings, 27 reviews, so I guess there's one. The 27 visible reviews total 125 stars, and it has an average of 4.61, so the anonymous review is a 4. But I wouldn't have even noticed there was that extra rating or that it was 4.61 instead of 4.63, if not for this thread. And adding all the reviews up to figure out what the missing ones are seems like too much effort to keep doing it.

[edit] actually that's not even right... it only has 9 reviews of version 0.2 and 11 ratings. So someone reviewed it without it counting towards the rating, and 2 people rated it without reviewing.

Ok, so I understand then that it is acceptable to have anonymous ratings, majority doesn't see a problem in it, including the stronger voices. I'm not changing my opinion, anonymous rating function is quite a bad thing. But if others are ok with it, I just have to go with the majority.

I guess the thread is complete then ?

Just one final question, would it be difficult just to turn it off ? Not asking to do it anymore. But I just wonder if it is complicated and why ?

You told then that a particular track should be done by known best modelers. Then I said that we shouldn't expect best guys, of which there are only 2-3, to do every single track in existence for thanks. Also told that other, smaller guys, like me, who are working on that and should be appreciated. And hearing things like "I wish that better modder did that, instead of you" can hurt actually. The thread was about Ahvenisto.

Then you misinterpreted this on purpose that I'm jealous because other are better than me, which is not true. So I think that you are quite good at soap operas, and I don't like that. I also didn't like that you continued to follow me for several months and kept clicking those stupid sad faces on my posts.

I just asked to remove anonymous ratings.

Excuse me, for not ignoring this people, but I'm just forced to defend myself.

If anyone is even reading what I write.

Thanks for those who does.

Hahaha, followed you for months!? So visiting daily here at RD and reading dozens of threads is following you? Dude you're delusional.

Your rants in that AC thread made as much sense as your rants are doing right now here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back