General Anonymous Ratings

Good to know, but the subject is to remove anonymous ratings. For obvious reasons.

Of course to make all them from the past to be public was a joke. RD would probably get sued. Imagine the shame.

Moving towards the top is important. Assetto, Automobilista..... Soon names will be !!!Assetto, !!!!Automobilista. Public servers are using this cheat so much, it is ridiculous. And it is all just to be seen in the lists.

@mantasisg - I'm still looking into this. However, I can already put your mind at rest already about one or two things.

Firstly, only one of your 4 downloads has a 1-star rating without any review text, and that review arrived after you started this thread, not before. (I'd hazard a guess that it was a direct result of the thread. Childish/lame, but hey ho.)

Combining your 4 downloads, there are a total of 11 ratings which don't have reviews attached. Mostly 4 and 5 stars, with a couple of 3s in there. No reason to think they aren't genuine.

I'm going to consult the other staff about the policy of allowing anonymous ratings, but from this particular instance I'm not seeing a strong case for concern. The suggestion above about not worrying so much about it seems like pretty good advice to me. :thumbsup:

i think everyone involved would benefit from 1 and 2 star reviews requiring some legitimacy behind the reasons for giving a low score , and encouraging written feedback combined could improve the whole scene in general. also having some categorisation regards conversions and scratch built would really make the database worth while within the current rating system.

Thanks for response @Neilski. Many people doesn't even know that it is possible to do this, so it used to soften the issue too. Naturaly it will spread. I was expecting this thread to have consequences too.

What about other mods such as Kicevo track by Lemax, for example ? Well he definitely doesn't care, thats for sure. Since when it is good not to care ? I think that is wrong path.

What about removing ratings for good, if it is not something to care about ?

I don't mean that the rating doesn't matter; I mean you shouldn't sweat it if you get some low ratings (among mainly very high ratings), even if a few of them may turn out to be malicious.

People like me, who can't keep their mouths shut and gets into various confrontations, such as creating a thread like this, various other situations, might get more harm. As for the most others I agree - most is dealing with the same thing.

This is an example why forced positivity is an issue.

Naturaly I will stop carrying, might as well stop being motivated. But why not just squeeze the most out of the systems ? In my point of view is a glitch.

But if it is huge problem to solve in technical terms, and I'm just the only one who makes a probelm out of that. Then I don't expect anything to change.

I have a notion that some modders are just like those cool guys who doesn't look back at explosions, you know :D

I have a notion that some modders are just like those cool guys who doesn't look back at explosions, you know :D
The point that most of the people in this thread are trying to get across is that there are no explosions to begin with...it's not that we don't care enough to look back at them; they don't exist in the first place. Those one star ratings should not be held with any importance so long as they're infrequent (otherwise they're likely warranted). The rating system is practically useless anyway due to the fact that 5 star ratings are often given without any consideration of the mod's quality (more as a token of appreciation - entirely defeating the purpose of a rating system). There's not a mod on RD right now truly deserving of a five star review, so with that in consideration, going from a 4.9 to a 4.8 star average means nothing at all.

So it is not needed. Why is it there ?
To give a general idea of the mod's quality. If a mod's average rating is 2 stars (and it has more than a handful of ratings), people will know it's likely not worth the time. Similarly, a 4 or 5 star rating may indicate promise. No one will look at a 4.8 and a 4.9 and say the latter is definitively better. That small of a difference isn't going to change anyone's mind.

But everyone is different. To me it is important. We have talked about this in the past, because 5stars is kinda "abused", because of that anything less has strong effect. And in the end we have not 1 to 5 stars system, but 4 to 5. And thats it.

So, your Goodwood track is v0.4 - clearly an unfinished project with room for improvement. Are you saying that all the reviews that rated it 5 stars (I consider 5 to mean equal quality to a Kunos track or car) should be removed, because they cannot be truthful? Or do you think that in its current state (40% completed?) it is as good as Imola?

You can't have it both ways. You can't complain about ratings that you feel are lower than you deserve, but then accept ratings that are higher than you deserve :O_o:

If you were completely honest, what would you rate your track? Do you think it is as good as a Kunos track? Your whole argument is completely pointless.

On that question... since the reviews are tied to the release version, I've always thought they should reflect an opinion of the work for what it is at that point in its development. If you download and rate a v0.4 track it'll never get more than 2 stars simply because it's only ~40% finished. On the other hand, if you download a v0.4 and rate it for what it is as an early beta then yes, I think 5 stars can be an appropriate response even though the mod clearly isn't finished.

All depends on how you use the system, your philosophy on mods, or what the purpose of a review is to you. We seem to have a few different ideas going around which clearly leads to some tension.

Best advice is to simply unclench a little bit, on both sides. Modders maybe take this stuff with a bigger grain of salt, and reviewers maybe recognize that using the reviews section as an attack vector is bad form and cheapens the experience for everyone.

Recently most of the reviews I've gotten have just said "it doesn't work" or "it crashes" which, even if I wanted to help with, I really can't (spotter crashes because it doesn't support win10 x64, joycam because it requires a 360 style pad). I'm not sure what the point is of reviewing something you haven't tried though.

Last edited:
This thread had to be about anonymous ratings, and it has turned into completely different subjects. "Does it hurt yo you?", "Why do you care?", "Ratings are all stupid"......

@Fat-Alfie My mods are completely useless, totally worthless to have, not worth a single star. They are unfinished, full of mistakes, done by total amateur in a few weeks (sarcasm away, I really haven't spent too much time on Goodwood yet). I never cared about anything, I have been doing them blindfolded and drunk. Only. They are destined to sink into the abyss of darkness, because there are just so much better choices what to use in your priceless free time. And it is ok. Nevermind that they are free to have, or not to have - they are offence to all simracers. I should feel bad about making them, and, oh dear, releasing unfinished. Not even worth to bother to test, but just had to be neutralized the first days of release.

However..... Since ~half mods will be getting mostly five stars... I take 5stars not what they are supposed to mean, but what they actually means. 5 is a thumb up, and anything less is thumb going down, 3 meaning almost a total thumb down already. It just is like that. It is not about how it should be, but how it is.

I wanted to talk about anonymous ratings, and why do I think it is wrong, but all is happening there is discussion about how pointless it is to care, how I am wrong to make it important, how bad it is, perhaps even sinful. And I expected to get a lot of similar responses, but not that it will dominate so much. Even turning personal on me.

I have never aimed to collect 5stars and likes and stuff everyday like complete narcissist, but I really hate the idea that some external factors might be affecting, I would call - the reputation of my mods. And it is clearly going downhill rapidly. Because of anonymous rates.

Just don't make fun out of me now. I never expected to be better than anyone I don't deserve to. Remember stupid Jebus post in official forums ? I was at your side, but you guys couldn't understand that. @LilSki and @Fat-Alfie. The thread was about anonymous rates. Look at Kicevo, not at my mods.

Well one more battle is lost. A bit sad, oh well...

no-one-cares-for-me-quote-1-picture-quote-1.png

Best morning ever.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%