animated textures

hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with animated textures in btb evo?Ihave made three textures all diffuse and applied the first one to an object and in materials loaded them up and gave animation to the first one and told it to use the other two as a two frame animation......it wont work,I have also named the three textures the same but gave the two for animating a 00,01 after their name....any one have any ideas or know of a tutorial.....

Yeah, that one is texture animation, supported by gMotor2. What is the problem? You can check how animations work by examining the default XPack too, there's startlights that work on steps. The same naming rules apply, i really can't remember what exact names were but something like this:

You need texture.dds, texture00.dds, those are the basic, one or the other is used when game is set to "no animation" (i think it was the texture.dds and texture00.dds is the first frame). Then comes the frames or steps in the animation: texture00.dds, texture01.dds, texture02.dds andtexture03.dds. There are no more frames in race07 (but i believe there's more in rFactor, btw, for what title/game are you building your track? Very important, you know, i have to guess here since i got no info to work on here...Getting a bit irritated, i learned by studying the XPacks and THEN asked questions...The answers are all there, trial and error..).

You point the object to texture.dds or texture00.dds (try both kind, one of them is correct) and it loads the number of frames you define in the XPacker material. Note! most calculations start from 0 so texture00 is the first frame, frame01 second frame and so on. Experiment... All textures need be imported as it's a error prone system. If you get an error in XPacker, it's usually safest to quit it and load the XPack again, it works by directly writing every successful action to the file so you'll always have a kind of "undo" that way. Plus it decreases the chances of corrupt data (last action caused an error, no data written on file but your XPacker still might think that it was successful, leaving pointers to non-existing files that might corrupt your whole project unusable) The naming system is name, name00, name01, name02 and so on. This works on all levels of gMotor games. If you have multiple files linked to a single instance, they all are named like that.

I really hope people would be brave enough to just study and edit all kinds of stuff manually, there are a lot of files in BTB & gMotor2 games that are freely editable with notepad (i recommend notepad++, some files need to be unpacked, don't care what the type it says, it might still be a regular ZIP so try them. I got Race07 decrypter if you want to look at ingame files, they are very helpful as they contain a lot of comments, it's not a bad idea to study a little bit of vehicle modding, it helps a lot when doing tracks too, makes identifying bugs easier.. and you can make your own special test vechicles that have minimal ground clearance, 0 springs to check bumb heights etc..)

That's how i've learned most of the basics and got a glimpse of what can be done. Good place to start is to fix the default XPack in BTB Evo, the startlights have wrong sequence. That tought me everything i needed to know to make animation. It takes a lot of time and versions to make it work. Get used to edit - export - crash :poop: - rollback - export - track works again :thumbsup: - try new edit - crash :poop: - rollback - - - - - - - - - - edit - export - working track...:thumbsup: to make a single feature working... Use small fast exporting and loading test tracks, makes the experimenting a lot safer and faster.

Today i try to make simple flag in google sketchup. I set textures size 512x512 and then export es kmz format. Start Xpacker and load object - flag. Check animiation and choose 1 file i renamed it to texture001 and texture002 save and open btb. But when i try to export it. btb sead this message.

299e2e4d6466.jpg

c7fe3cc5d05d.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%