1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animated start flag man

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by R Soul, Aug 30, 2014.

1. I'm currently working on a 1960s themed track, and I felt the default start lights were too modern. I found a picture of a man in a classic suit and made an animation that can replace the default start lights:
    For some games (e.g. rFactor) can use 3DSimEd to make use of the Billboard system, which forces an object to always face the screen. Instructions are included in the XPack file:

I'd also be happy to make more animations if anyone can find other images. The suit is rather fancy looking, but people did dress more smartly back then. An older man with a flat cap would also be a good look.
  2. ebrich

Premium Member

Here's one I originally made for GTL. If you wish to tart him up with a few more flags I'll be glad to send you the necessary files.
  3. Thanks. I'd like to have a go at that. I'll give him a green flag. rFactor doesn't have a chequered flag system.
  4. Things went better than I expected. I thought I was going to have a 3D flag man with a flat animated arm, but then it occurred to me that since the lights sequence is just a series of flippings between frames 0 and 1, there was nothing stopping me making the arm and flag in 3D too.

Download link:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ebrich

Premium Member

Great. I've often wondered about that but it's never got any further.
  6. Many thanks Rsoul and Ebrich too!!
    This is what I search a lot of time for my tracks!! I hope it works in GTL!?
    thanks again! Ceers , Franky
  7. I get this message when i try to download the file.
    The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.
  8. A flagpole can have your eye out
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Seriously though, it might be a filename causing confusion. When I'm logged in I can download it, but when I log out I get the same message. Clearly Mediafire feels it's okay to download dangerous files if you sign up.

Try this link: