1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android Dash Meter Pro

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Carl Johnson, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Does any one use this App it looks very promising was deciding if i should pay out money for this app.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yes, I am. Its great, got it running on a cheap 7inch tablet attached to my rig. Give loads of information on fuel, tyre temps, delta time etc. Definitely useful for testing and setup purposes and when running longer races for fueling info. It gives mostly the same information as the XD tool plugin but I'm not keen on having too much cluttering up my screen so this is the best way of displaying this info for me...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Is Dash Meter Pro customizable so I can see on-path-wetness and off-path-wetness like the guys who use real time telemetry on a second screen?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It is customisable in that you can choose what info you want to display, in what position and what size etc. You can configure up to 5 different screens. I have seen nothing like what you mention though..... does that tell you the percentage wetness of the track? Sounds very interesting, its always difficult to know when to go onto wets.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson
    Premium Member

Brilliant bit of kit (use it on my SII), my one gripe is the cost when you buy it for several Sims though, I currently have it for rF1&2, GTR2\Race and F1, would have liked to see it at say £10 for everything but then I'm a bit tight ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

7. I'm using that exact tablet and it does indeed work well, I got it from ebay and paid a little more than that. I still haven't worked out how to get it set up for usb tethering though as it isn't the best at picking up a wifi signal...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hi does anyone know if this will work with or of another that works with GT Legends???
  9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I haven't tried it but I will when I get home and let you know ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Justin - I installed the app for GTRx and can report it doesn't appear to work with GT Legends.. :(. I have messaged the developer asking if it can be made to work, and will report back if I get a response.

Have tried it in Race07 and I have to say its fantastic (example screens on their site here- http://www.sensadigit.com/gtr2-race07 - Note the DashMeterTest which is free and basically a tool to test the app will work over your network (usb or wireless) before you buy is NOT a functioning version of the app. It basically tests coms between pc and android device, although you do get to flash a set of mini disco lights on you Android device for free!)

Well worth the £3.34 from Google Play. Although it is a shame you have to download different apps (at different prices) for Rfactor, Game Stock Car etc etc - suppose they have to make money somehow.

If anyone is wondering you can now buy Google Play Vouchers (min £10) in many UK outlets so are able to buy this and other Google Play Apps without giving them bank or card details. Outlets can be found by entering City or Postcode Here :

Edit - Wow I ought to be on commission from google and sensadigit!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  11. does this help?
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Maybe because GT Legends does not have a spt file which it what allot of the motec devices use. which is also why you can't get a track map to work in gtl
    all other Simbin sim GTR GTR2 Race07 all have this function
  13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Its a battery killer so probably better running it with the charger plugged in. It is on my nexus 7 anyway.
  14. Received a reply within 24 hours - its not going to work in GTL as GTL doesn't have a 'shared memory' parameter in the PLR file...
  15. Can someone help with the install? Where does the dashmetercom go? I have put it just about everywhere and get it to work. I have the rfactor version of dash meter and it works beautifully in GSC FTruck etc. Also i have im using it on wifi. I just tested the rfactor one and its works perfect but the race 07 not so much
  16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Works in the same way. Doesn't matter where you put it, I think mine in just on the desktop. Check your help file (android app) for the I.P address of your device and make sure you edit the "preferences" file of DashMeterCom on your PC with the same I.P under Android device 1. Once saved, just run Dashmeter pro and leave it running in the taskbar and fire up Race 07.
    I'm guessing if you already have the rfactor version (same here) you kinda already know all that anyway?
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you so much. I didn't know dashmeter.exe needed to be running while you played. I though you just dropped it into a folder like for the rfactor one and it would automatically start when you started the game. Thank you for your help.
  18. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

No problem :) Glad you got it working :thumbsup:
  19. Hi can anybody help me and tell me how you edit "preferences" file of DashMeterCom on your PC. I cannot seem to access it. Thanks
  20. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

You need to edit the IP address in the config file? Is that what you mean? Have you installed both android and PC components?