F1 2011 Andrew Bortz's Contract Decision?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
It's that time of the season I have just finished Korea and have multiple contract offers to choose from a couple of thigs you should know if you are not already familiar with my series is that I play on the hardest settings, no assists cockpit view 100% race distances with every session played (no acceleerated sessions or skipping).

So my contract offers listed in the poll above are what I will choose from, im going to half my career till the 11th May to get a decision I would like each and every one of you to give your thoughts on where you want me to go.

Currently im in the HRT at the start of the season I was struggling to match the midfield but now at Korea im battling for the lower end points (making some rookie mistakes along the way normally making me lose out)

Current Offers
Sauber
Williams
Lotus
HRT

Current standings
Red Bull 433
Ferrari 377
Mclaren 355
Mercedes 149
Renault 120
Sauber 72
Toro Rosso 51
Force India 22
Williams 20
HRT 17
Lotus 0
Virgin 0

I guess question is this. Would you prefer me to be battling hard for points and maybe an occasional podium or would you prefer me to be right up there with the front runners?

If you would like to follow my career then this is my channel on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/ELITERazarar

Lotus! Definitely Lotus! You were doing incredibly well in a HRT and you will dominate if you choose either Williams or Sauber. HRT again will be boring and Lotus is the slowest car in the game (yes, very stupid by CM). You'll have more challenge with Lotus as it uses more Fuel, a lot more understeer and a lot slower on the straights. You're an incredible driver so I just don't see the point of going into a Tier 4 team. Actually now I see you've got only 17 points. Hmm. I'm usually able to fight for podiums in a HRT if I'm without mods. I already voted for Lotus but actually... I'm not sure. HRT 2nd season will be better maybe. It will be a Tier 4 team and you'll struggle outperforming your team mate. HRT! HRT! Sorry for the Lotus vote!

Sauber looks to on it's way up, so you'll probably crush everybody with it. Lotus will be the same as HRT in the first season. HRT and Williams should trade tiers (unless Williams manages to get ahead of FI). So, either stay with HRT and have a (probably) T4 car without KERS, or go to Williams for a T5 car with KERS. Unless of course I'm wrong about the performance changes and they are random.

Wow awesome that you're doing this Bortz. =)

Personally I'd go Sauber because I like Sauber and Kobayashi, but I am going to do my absolute best to keep my favouritism out of this. =P I'd like to see how you'll go with a Tier 4 HRT, but for me personally HRT does get a bit annoying after a while, but that's only because I dislike HRT with an immense passion. =P

I am surprised you haven't got an offer from Toro Rosso. From my experience of Toro Rosso when I joined them from Williams I was getting consistent wins or I was at least on the podium with the FW33, but with the Toro Rosso I was all over the show. One race I would be in the top five others I'd barely make it into the top 10 or not at all.

I am going to say wait it out till you get an offer from Toro Rosso, but if they don't give you an offer I'd stick with the HRT or go with the Sauber.

Andrew
I have just finished Season 3 in Williams.
Expert mode, cocpkit, 75% distance.
Managed P3 in WDC.
But that was a season 3 Williams that have been in since season 1.
I won 4 races I think incl Monaco.

With your undoubted Speed you will have some podiums in the Williams and some great battles, The Sauber would be epic too as you will have a WDC shot.

BTW, I think the "no fast forwarding-skipping" helps as the AI are given some faster times sometimes from a database when fast forwarding -skiping.
In a wet India Q3 I thought I had pole stiched up and fast forwarded. Was P9! Restarted and let the time run down and had P1!

Keep up the great work. And you dont need another commentator yours is good.

Unfortunately ive lost 2 contracts (Virgin and Force India) just as I completed Korea hence why I felt the need to get this decided here before progressing any further.

My personal vote would be to stick with HRT as there would be a little more performance but without the KERS it wont make things a walkover like I suspect Sauber would.

But I will stick to my word and let the public decide.

Keep the thoughts coming.

I voted for Sauber, I'm currently with them in my second season and am experiencing a very competitive battle (I'm being whipped) with Kobayashi in the team mate challenge. Purely for a good inter team challenge you should consider Sauber, although as mentioned you may find it too easy.

I say - go with Sauber, I'll be able to use your setups in MY C30 :p
But seriously - it's no fun to drive a downforce-deprived car without KERS, so if you want the challenge you can chose the slowest of the "old" teams (Williams was it?).

Sauber ...... As I spent 2 out of 4 seasons with Force India in F1 2010, and have only driven Force India in F1 2011, I decided to go with Sauber for a change, as it's nice to see them up there mixing it with the top teams in real life.

Plus I want your set ups! ..... :p

Well since im moving house on the 20th May ive just ordered 6TB of hard drives so I can knock races out one after another as I quit my job on the 9th May so I may end up actually using this poll for season 3 as it turns out (depending on how much the HRT improves).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%