An office chair for simracing?

hmmm.. I hope this is in the right section :)

What style of chair is good for simracing and desk work (studying) at the same time... it needs to be multifunctional! :)

Budget... lets just say nothing over £1000 ;)

For a £1000 mate, you could buy a rseat evo for sim racing and a seperate office chair for study work.

If you buy one office chair to do all, you will be fighting with the chair moving whilst racing or if you fix it to, not move (remove the wheels) then you will be fighting with a static chair whilst studying. (which can be realy anoying)

Keep the two apart if you can.

Upvote 0
Oooh so they do exist: office chairs that can be used for racing :inlove:

Thx Jari, as I am one of those that doesnt want to have a full equipped simulator in my livingroom/study this will actually come in handy. Sweet!

Upvote 0
Maybe this one :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Executive-c...1RMG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356693332&sr=8-3

41uzvMNVQpL._SL500_.jpg

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect on old thread, but I think the topic is still relevant. I don't have space for a permanent racing rig setup and will be sim racing in a small office office I share with my wife, who uses it during the day in the week - because of this I'm probably going to get a Wheelstand Pro, as this can pack away easily.

So, I'm after some tips for a suitable chair to use as both my main office chair (for both myself and my wife to use), as well as for some racing. I don't want a chair with arms (or at least to have them removable), as they just get in the way when I'm sitting close to the desk. I'm also not so keen on (or rather my wife isn't...) the ones that basically look like real car racing seats. Would prefer something more "normal" looking.

Locking casters is not essential, as I can use something like this (which I've tried with an old office chair and work well) to avoid the chair sliding when sat on (is still drag-able across the carpet when not sat on, but otherwise doesn't move): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CKK2HRM/

I'd like a seat with at minimum height adjustment and back tilt adjustment, though lumbar support adjustment and/or seat tilt would also be nice. Thinking about swivel isn't actually that necessary and maybe be annoying when racing, but I don't know of any height/backrest adjustable chairs that don't swivel.

My current office chair is over 30 years old, and the back rest no longer locks in place, so doesn't provide any support anymore and it's giving me backache, even for ordinary desk use.

Is the Ikea Markus still worth considering? Anything else I should be considering? My budget is up to about £200.

BTW I'm based in the UK.

Upvote 0
I have DX Racer and I`m pretty happy .. Maximum edition: lockable wheels, ultra wide (all others were too small in my shoulder area), steel frame .. cheap for a good chair ...
GC-014-DX_107762_800_zpsbjnxr5og.jpg

If you are small size person you can take a look at other editions ..
King:
dxracer_king_gaming_chair_-_ohkf06nr_4.jpg

or even Formula:
13107.jpg

Upvote 0
I have DX Racer and I`m pretty happy .. Maximum edition: lockable wheels, ultra wide (all others were too small in my shoulder area), steel frame .. cheap for a good chair ...
GC-014-DX_107762_800_zpsbjnxr5og.jpg

If you are small size person you can take a look at other editions ..
King:
dxracer_king_gaming_chair_-_ohkf06nr_4.jpg

or even Formula:
13107.jpg

I'm smallish (5' 8", around 11 stone / 70 Kg), so the King and Formula would probably fit me, and they look like good chairs, especially for the money, but it doesn't look like the arm rests are removable and they look like they would certainly get in the way of my desk. Also, the missus really doesn't want a chair with such overt "racing" styling. unfortunately...

Something like the Herman Miller Aeron looks very comfortable, and it can be purchased without arms, but the price is outrageous...

Upvote 0
I'm smallish (5' 8", around 11 stone / 70 Kg), so the King and Formula would probably fit me, and they look like good chairs, especially for the money, but it doesn't look like the arm rests are removable and they look like they would certainly get in the way of my desk. Also, the missus really doesn't want a chair with such overt "racing" styling. unfortunately...

Something like the Herman Miller Aeron looks very comfortable, and it can be purchased without arms, but the price is outrageous...
You can move arm rests up/down, and on newer models even left/right, fwd/bckwrd. If i set chair height to comfy position for my 193cm arm rests are able to go down to 66 cm above ground level

My wife wasn't excited about racing design but she is fine with black on black maximum and wide series (and she even liked brown B-series) ... They have few models that are in office chair category on their Web..

Upvote 0
Moving Office chair with wheels!!! No problem !
I just use the eSEAone Ajustable SRDCFS (Sim racing desk chair fastening system)! with quick release.
The Velcro and carabiner clips allow for quick mounting/dismantling of the system, transforming your desk chair to adjustable rock steady racing seat without destroying your chair. I have bolted a couple of carabiner clips to my desk (an old heavy oak desk) but you could use the double sided Velcro this end too. This strap system shown here is the right side , you need two of these one left and one right, attached on the chair arms.
SRDCFS.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
200 Hours+ in a basic folding chair, no pain, no movement, very low budget, easy to try... I have never found something better if you want to hide verything after a race.

The back position in a folding chair feels perfect for me and i am very sensible.

Office chair have wheels -> big problem.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back