F1 2011 An idea to avoid collisions when going wheel to wheel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Here's an idea I posted at Codies' forum:

Let me explain. In F1 2010/F1 2011, we don't have the luxury of being able to turn our head to see just how close we are to the car next to us, or if it's safe to 'close the door' on them without causing a collision and being penalised for it. Yes, I know you can do it with Track IR but we don't all have that - but I am definitely considering getting one.
smile.gif

So, what I am proposing is this:

You know on the mini-map you can see when a car is close to you? Well, when it's side by side, let there be a zoomed in version of that, so you can judge how close you are to the other guy - this would represent things like peripheral vision and being able to move your head in real life
wink.gif
. I've lost count of the number of times I thought it was safe to close the door, only for the AI to run into me and sometimes earn me a penalty! The mirrors are basically useless for judging this imo. All you would need is two small car icons in a corner of the screen.
smile.gif

One other thing - there was an exploit in F1 2010 which made it easy to retire AI cars and earn yourself higher placed finishes. All you had to do was cut across an AI and brake hard going into a corner. Sometimes it earned you a penalty, but often it didn't and what happened instead is the AI runs into you and wrecks itself - whereas your car is usually entirely undamaged and able to continue - I once DNF'ed 9 AI cars that way (I was bored)
biggrin.gif
. If an impact is severe enough to wreck the car hitting you from behind, it should also wreck your car. That would put this exploit to bed in double quick time!

Your thoughts?
smile.gif

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...de-side-graphic-help-avoid-collisions-ai.html

Basically, it's a top/down camera that opens in a small window when you're close to another car; it represents peripheral vision and the ability to move your head as a real person. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back