An idea for the Rookies...

Keith Gregg

CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE
While I was practicing today with the Arbarth at Zandvoort I was struggling with gear selection on certain bends and I thought to myself that it would be really handy if there was a video of a more pro guy doing a lap or two of the circuit to demonstrate technique etc...maybe hide the laptime but just show gearing, braking etc...possibly even with a talkthrough on it.
I found last Fridays chat on server 2 whilst I was driving very informative and also the video that was posted afterwards showing a clean lap or two and some fancy footwork from an excellent driver :)
Anyways...just an idea...I'll leave it here.
Cheers

Yeah, I noticed there are a few turns on that track that seem to be in between gears on the Abarth AC, too fast for a lower gear and too slow for a higher gear. It's going to be a tricky one since we can't adjust the gears on that car.

Anyways...just an idea...I'll leave it here.
What is always my first rookie tip. When you are in a session in either our events or on a public server and there is one guy that stands out and is significantly faster than you or the rest. In that case "hop on board" with this driver.

While getting into your car in pitlane you can navigate through other people's cars by using the left control button plus the 1 and 3 keys on your numpad (that little keyboard with numbers on the right side) and you can drive with somebody. Select the fastest in session and see where his lines and braking/acceleration points deviate from yours and you have all the info you need.

The real challenge is bringing it all into practice :)

What is always my first rookie tip. When you are in a session in either our events or on a public server and there is one guy that stands out and is significantly faster than you or the rest. In that case "hop on board" with this driver.

While getting into your car in pitlane you can navigate through other people's cars by using the left control button plus the 1 and 3 keys on your numpad (that little keyboard with numbers on the right side) and you can drive with somebody. Select the fastest in session and see where his lines and braking/acceleration points deviate from yours and you have all the info you need.

The real challenge is bringing it all into practice :)
Yeah but i was thinking more of the offline practicing during the days before the event...its where I teach myself all my bad habits that are hard to shake once the event starts (I'm old and dim witted lol)

you can always use CNTRL C (I think) ( on the start grid with you sitting in your car surrounded by other AI cars ) and sit and watch the computer (AI) drive your car while you
watch.

Yeah but i was thinking more of the offline practicing during the days before the event...its where I teach myself all my bad habits that are hard to shake once the event starts (I'm old and dim witted lol)

Have you been watching the tutorial videos Aris has been putting out? They're well done and quite helpful. He probably won't cover the specific car/track combo you're looking for but his tips can be applied to any combo.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...releases-go-faster-driving-tips-video.134111/

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...is-vasilakos-video-engine-and-gearbox.134449/

Don't worry Keith I'm in the same boat as you, I've just done a 15 minute practice and managed a 2.02 ish atm, I know the 2.01 is in there and who knows if i get lucky could be below that, what kind of time were you getting?
You sick Bastard :D don't you dare to post your laptime 1 night before the race... I did a 2:02 but below that I think I would need to learn how to heal-toe!
Do you drive with H-shift and Clutch Pedal?

You sick Bastard :D don't you dare to post your laptime 1 night before the race... I did a 2:02 but below that I think I would need to learn how to heal-toe!
Do you drive with H-shift and Clutch Pedal?
:laugh: I just have a G29, paddle shifters and auto clutch on, it's an interesting circuit, some corners you take wide and some have to be tight, I struggled like hell with the MX5 since it was so tail happy, this car is on my kinda tame level :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back