• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars AMS_WTCC_ 2016 1.5 2016-12-17

WTCC mod for Automobilista

1. triebie

triebie

Ratings:
    +47
    triebie submitted a new resource:

AMS_WTCC_ 2016 1.5 - WTCC mod for Automobilista

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. -Alf-

-Alf-

Ratings:
    +74
    There's any diference between this version, and the v1.2 released on EEC Forums?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +193
    I have 1.0 installed.
    Is this an update ?
    Need to remove the version I have ? Or wait ?

4. triebie

triebie

Ratings:
    +47
    1.5 is my final version.
    minor graphic changes like adding some normals..
    new FWD physics etc.
    just download and let it overwrite the previous version, that´s all.

5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,244
    I like the look and sound of this mod, and it appears to drive well (only tried the Civic so far). The only problem I'm having is that I'm getting almost no FFB. If I park in gravel the wheel feels heavy, but while driving I get almost no detectable feedback at all unless I run over a kerb. I can just about feel that there's something there, but not nearly enough to feel what's going on, and not even enough to centre the wheel on a straight. Is there something I can tweak to fix this, other than my overall FFB settings?

Edit:

One other slight issue. Whenever I pass into an area of shadow, the cockpit goes so dark I can barely see anything. This effect is very obvious at Brands Hatch between Stirlings and Clearways as you pass under the tree shadows.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  6. C_Stephens

C_Stephens

Ratings:
    +11
    Its front wheel drive so you should be able to feel when you accelerate. Increase the forces if you must. Later I'll check what my settings are when I'm on my gaming system
    Just checked in game and feels good to me. when decelerating or turn I feel the forces and when accelerating hard, being FWD the wheel should get very light. All good here so if its too subtle for you try increasing the strength of the ffb.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,244
    Haha, of course I realise they're FWD and so will be light under acceleration. :) But for me the forces are barely noticeable at any time other than stopped in a gravel trap. Is there a file I can modify to bump up the forces for just these cars? I don't particularly want to mess with my general FFB settings as all other cars feel great already.

8. C_Stephens

C_Stephens

Ratings:
    +11
    Do you use the games realfeel ffb? if so they can be changed for each individual car using the hotkeys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,244
    Great, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info. :)

10. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,244
    Thanks C_Stephens, got the FFB feeling just how I want it now. :)

Here's a quick video of the shadow issue I mentioned above. Notice that ever time I enter the shadow of a bridge or tree, the entire view darkens, even the sky. Only happens in this mod.

11. hummer444

hummer444

Ratings:
    +699
    Hi,
    The windows are receiving shadows, that's not right.
    Look for an entry in the GEN-file of this mod where you see the windows are called. At the end of the entry it will say something like :
    ShadowReceiver=True
    change this to:
    ShadowReceiver=False

You can open the GEN-file with Notepad

• Love Love x 1
  12. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,244
    Fantastic, thanks Hummer. That sorted it. :)

13. BattleOvce

BattleOvce

Ratings:
    +130
    Some bugs I found.
    Mirrors are wierd, Screenshot added
    Headlight bug, Screenshot added
    FFB is weird. Hard to describe but I try it. When I am driving in corners or straight line also trying to be very smooth the wheel is like without FFB, when I hit the bump, curb the FFB is strong only in that bump moment than again very very light. Like all or nothing. If I compare it to the reiza ffb (reizas smooth strong precise, I feel every detail on road)

Attached Files:

14. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,244
    The FFB can be tweaked. I got it feeling great by just changing the strength:

15. triebie

triebie

Ratings:
    +47
    @BattleOvce
    sorry mate but i can´t copy your problems with the headlights causing shadows on the car in front or distorted mirrors in my installation. I play in 3840x2160 resolution and i have no probs at all.
    can somebody else confirm these probs ?

16. BattleOvce

BattleOvce

Ratings:
    +130
    Thats really weird, I have shadows on medium, 1920x1080p, special effects medium, other things on full. Stable 70fps (limited to this number) When I hit the headlight and flash a light on the car fps drop to 30fps + -.

and btw can I ask you, I bought URD DTM mod today, and I found that when I was driving WTCC car I was doing the same lap times as in DTM car. WTCC is so powerfull nowdays? :D (no knowledge about that) WTCC car felt more stick to the road, and DTM was more rolling in fast corners like lack of downforce.

and that bloody Lada :p :D and sorry about that in EEC I didnt mean to be rude or salty. Its nice to have this mod anyway :)

That MIRROR thing, I installed like lower res mirror mod from EEC. Can it cause that? I actually dont know how to remove that anyway :D but I think it was dedicated to gt3 mod and also it was like half year ago. and the wtcc mod I installed like 3 days ago..

17. triebie

triebie

Ratings:
    +47
    If you use a lower mirror.bmp file, you will have some distortion, yes.
    I mapped the mirrors with a highres texture so.....
    That shadow thing only happened for you with the Lada or also on other cars?
    About the speed, WTCC should be a little slower but they also can hit 250 km/h max.
    That´s what they say on the WTCC page at least....
    Maybe i will try to modify the physics to make them not so fast:)

18. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +452
    Good mod, but some flaws that need attention. Already really enjoyable though, just too many tweaks to do post-install.

- Mirrors are heavily distorted. Cockpit/side mirrors are way too magnified, and virtual is like a horizontally streched stripe. Something is definitely fishy there.
    - Shadow on windscreen (already reported)
    - FFB weakness is actually a result of not having a proper steering ratio set with the cars. They use a 15 degree lock with 900 degree rotation. I'm pretty sure these cars would more be in the 4xx-5xx range. Upping the lock to max (28 degrees) already gives back the feedback and responsiveness.

Update: Steering rotation is actually left untouched from the previous car you used, making it completely random. For example after the Mini or Opala, I get 900 degrees with the cars, however after the SuperV8 I had 360 degrees.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +304
    Can someone post up what the hotkeys are? I am having the weak FFB issue as well.

BTW, love the mod. The cars sound great and are fun to drive but I just need to adjust the FFB strength.

20. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,244
    • Like Like x 1