AMS1 thin on prototypes

After watching Daytona I wanted to build an IMSA or WEC multi-class package for AMS1 to play with. What a pain! There's plenty of stuff "out there" but getting anything to work proved more challenging. Trebie did an awesome Oreca 07. It's no longer available, but the Assetto Corsa mods are the same car, so skins galore from Racedepartment! Unfortunately Trebies gorgeous car is just that...to gorgeous. The combined MAS files are 61MB with no LODs. I can run about 13-15 cars depending on the track. Multi-class, ahhh no. Not happening.
Next I tried the RSS IMSA mod which came out as a beta V0.3 or something like that. The Dallara Cadillac is a good looking car, templates are available, I can tweak physics so I thought why not... until I tried to package it up with a GTE/GTLM and GT3 package. It crashes more often than not. Think there's a .cmaps file conflict. Next was a Simtek 2016 WEC mod I found on the web. Same problem as Trebies Oreca 07 as far as heavy .mas files and there are no templates for that mod to paint cars either that I could find.
So I went back to my EEC Endurance Series stand-by. Unfortunately the only closed coupe prototypes available are the Lola B12 and the Dallara Corvette. The Corvette DP was about the dumbest thing IMSA ever allowed (IMO), so started hunting skins for the Lola.
Great package here on Racedeparment from CrivitzChris was a good starting point. Cleaned up the skins and put some common plates on them. But the field looked pretty dated. So I just started painting and here's a few ideas I came up with. I was going to post this conversation in AMS skins but apparently I don't have permission to post there.
What do you think? I know...silly. But if you squint just a little bit...

Jackie Chan.png
G Drive.png
Signatech.png
Wayne Taylor.png
JDC.png
Action Express.png

Last edited:
Hi the elms/ imsa/ wec IntercontinentalEnduranceChallenge is great with the Oreca and Prototype cars. Your skins look fab, would be nice if you could post them somewhere.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 145
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 133
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 140
Thanks guys! I will post the skins once I get them polished up a bit. Mixed bag; WEC and IMSA for the Lola.
Where is the ELMS/IMSA/WEC Intercontinental Endurance Challenge Mod? I haven't heard of that one. It doesn't look like Simtek's 2016 WEC mod.

Yeah, it's not that one. I built that one (physics) from Daniel's LMS mod over at EEC.
These skins are for the EEC ES or LMS mods though. They will also fit the WEC 2014 Mod Lola B12 that's out there on the web from gpfan.

So, I think I'm burned out a bit. Have some IMSA skins left to do but I think the following are going to be the WEC package. Most of these skins are from CrivitzChris in his package here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lola-b12-80-project.13283/
For those skins I just cleaned some things up and made all the number plates match.
I used a G-Drive skin from somewhere on the web to pattern my skin here. Some shading differences but it's basically a copy. If it's your's please let me know and I'll gladly include credit.
The others are mine such as they are.
First batch of 22 cars total.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• AF Racing 44.png
    AF Racing 44.png
    652.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Dempsey 27.png
    Dempsey 27.png
    649.1 KB · Views: 99
  • ESM 21.png
    ESM 21.png
    642.9 KB · Views: 102
  • ESM 22.png
    ESM 22.png
    643.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Gdrive 26.png
    Gdrive 26.png
    650.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Gdrive 28.png
    Gdrive 28.png
    655.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Gulf 29.png
    Gulf 29.png
    645.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Gulf 30.png
    Gulf 30.png
    645.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Jackie Chan 37.png
    Jackie Chan 37.png
    692.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Jackie Chan 38.png
    Jackie Chan 38.png
    693.6 KB · Views: 91
Second batch

Attachments

• Lotus 31.png
    Lotus 31.png
    630.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Lotus 32.png
    Lotus 32.png
    630.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Oak 33.png
    Oak 33.png
    625.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Rebellion 12.png
    Rebellion 12.png
    653 KB · Views: 85
  • Rebellion 13.png
    Rebellion 13.png
    653.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Shank 49.png
    Shank 49.png
    640.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Signatech 35.png
    Signatech 35.png
    642.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Signatech 36.png
    Signatech 36.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Speedsource 55.png
    Speedsource 55.png
    652.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Speedsource 70.png
    Speedsource 70.png
    659.3 KB · Views: 82
Thanks.
Just the stuff I've posted here on RD. I posted some stuff at EEC when I was there years ago. I don't have the software to do full mods, so pretty limited to skins right now.

IMSA Pack just about done. Here are some teasers. 13 cars total with team cars for Speedsource and Extreme Speed Motorsports (not pictured). First group:
JDC Miller.png
ERA Motorsports.png
Dragonspeed.png
Bob Stallings.png
Action Express.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements