AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

AMS is a superb sim but it would not be as compelling if not for all the work Patrick has done.
Thank you Pat!
giphy.gif

Weird request re: Lime Rock but is there any chance/way to include the skidpad and make it accessible in one of the layouts? Ive always wanted a skidpad in AMS to play with in testing.

Haaa, I will disappointe some of you.
I have no plan for a future track at this moment. This is due to few reasons :
- updating a track means A LOT of work (consumed by basic updates and often geometry work because of accuracy problems. And i add to the list all the weird things you find when you look closer). There are a lot of details many poeple don't even notice but a lot of hours are involved in them.
Considering the poor downloads counter we had on the last releases, it is not really motivating.
- Gringo has some real life things to do in the coming months. It means no help, no aiw, no curbs modeling, etc... I can't work without him at this moment...
- AMS development is nearly off. We pushed very hard to release high quality tracks in the last few months. Now the megapack is 28 tracks with many layouts and seasons.
- good bases are hard to find, and if base is not good, you add dozens of hours to prepare the track.

I know I will have a lot of "sad" clicks but I think the best thing to do is to enjoy all the things done.

I imagine that the amount of tracks and cars will never be enough. I would like to have 150 top quality tracks too, but with reiza content we have a good stuff to have fun ;)

@Patrick Giranthon nobody could blame you for taking a break, considering the amount of work you have put in without one since the GSC days.
That also goes for the rest of the people who have been involved.
So although it's sad from our pov, thanks for all your work and enjoy yourselves.
Good luck to all in any future projects.:)

I finally decided to do CMP. :)
I redid all amrco and I have learnt how to deal with tirewalls.
Trees and bushes done too.
I had many problems with the terrain mesh but after hours of fight, I could handle roadverge (it can be done in 10 minutes if terrain is ok; here it was 3 hours... grrrr)
AO done on all buildings too and paddocks has been redesigned (Gringo found some time to put tents according to his AIW file).

Well, I like this track a lot :)

Sans_titre-2.201782885438.jpg

Sans_titre-1.201782885534.jpg

Sans_titre-4.201782885620.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years