AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

Original track was done by fabfr06
We can thank him for his work :)
He has done an update for rf2 with the 2017 hotel and a new advertisement but I have decided not to implement. Buildings use originally single textures for walls, windows, etc. It was really painful to tweak the geometry to add real windows for pitbuilding for instance. Was not really ok to do this kind of job again for the hotel.
But it is not a big deal honestly, we can drive without ;)

And the layouts 3 and 4 are not planned. They are so small... it is about driving school I think.

You will find a little inaccuracy about a kind of concrete+grass on some sides. I could not get a nice look about this so we will have grass only.
Apart from this, I think we have a really great track. Very technical. A french track not very known around the world probably but very used in France. You can find a lot if videos (le Vigeant , or le Val de Vienne).

I am in holidays, but cams from Luigi just arrived. Let's Gringo release it if he thinks all is ok :).
Thanks to him for his work on this one. He redid all 3D curbs for instance.

Last edited:
How did you create the tracks for AMS?
Does Race Track Builder worth buying? It's quite expensive, so I want to make sure that the tracks created with it will work with Automobilista.

Thanks in advance for your replies, I'm new to this forum.

• Deleted member 130869

How did you create the tracks for AMS?

They are conversions of tracks originally from Simbin titles or rFactor 1 releases. I can't speak to the software but I know Blender is one program that is used and enjoyed by makers.

Race track builder is a piece of chit to me. I bought it and I regret.

3dsmax is a good option but complex. You can incorporate some tools for tracks, like Mario tools and Isi exporters. I only use this one to modify or create track things.
I don't know blender at all.

Sans_titre-3.2017810153232.jpg

Sans_titre-5.2017810153415.jpg

Sans_titre-4.2017810153552.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%