AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

I can give you a part of the read me :

Hi all.

Here is the megapack for AMS V1.0 or above.

Note that the tracks could be updated again in the future.
Please check http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/ams-tracks.120/ regularly. More tracks to come (Snetterton, Autopolis, Le Mas du Clos...)
Better to delete previous versions if you have any problem with a track.

So, many things updated here for this megapack.
Will try to list most of them :

- all tracks gathered in "Addon tracks" list ingame
- all tracks AIW revisited to match last Reiza choices
- all gdb colors adjusted
- new special sounds added
- tdf revised for various tracks
- DRS versions split from non DRS versions
- tires restriction deleted, but you can change the order in gdb as AI will select the first choice
- fix for random sky in all tracks
- new curbs at Vanport, Monza and Road America
- tree fix at Monza
- new cutting rule at Monza
- some skyrings redone
- new trees at Nurb, Road Atlanta and Spa
- AO implemented at Nurb (mercedes stand)
- shadows building added at Spa
- Bathurst high detail version added (for rearview mirrors LOD)
- eastern Creek brickwall texture fix
- sun fix at Road Am
- etc, etc...

Here is the list of the tracks included. They match reiza standards in many aspects like dynamic track, road, trees and grass textures, crowd, real bumps, etc.
Some have received big updates about accuracy compared to the initial track.
Most of them have various seasons (up to 3) and separated DRS versions.
You can check here to have a direct dowload acces with nice graphics from Denis : https://docs.google.com/presentatio...art=false&loop=false&delayms=3000#slide=id.p3

Barber MS V1.03
Barcelona V1.03
Bathurst V1.02
Eastern Creek V1.11
Fontana V1.01
Laguna Seca V1.01
Magny-Cours V1.04
Melbourne V1.06
Monza V1.04
Nurburgring V1.02
Putnam Park V1.02
Queensland V1.03
Road America V1.03
Road Atlanta V1.03
Silverstone V1.03
Spa V1.03
Vanport V1.04
Winton V1.02

Autopolis will come next WE, perhaps this WE...
I will also update all the tracks here at RD.

Hi Patrick, when you say you'll also update all the tracks here at RD do you mean all yours GSCE tracks too ?
Just to say someone : Jerez, Phillip Island, Istanbul, COTA......? :D

Luca.

I hope this is not a dumb question, I have been able to port over most GSC tracks to AMS ( just because )
But I am unable to get the BelleisleDetroit track to load. does anyone have a fix for this? And would you share? I know the quality is not so good on these port overs but I just like running on them.

My league is racing there this weekend.

Any feedback on the cut track would be nice. I am experimenting with this to get the detection we want.

Hopefully the latest changes will work well... in the chicanes you should be able to use the curbs, but getting too far over the white lines should be detected (based on F-Rieza). Also the exit curbs and a bit of grass should be usable without tripping the CT.

One thing I notice with the CT is you can sometimes go into the zone that should be detected, but if you don't gain any time then you get away with it. I am not sure how this work exactly and it makes tuning the cut track an exercise in trial and error.

Compared to the last version of the cut track... the corner apex are a bit more restricted, the corner exits are a bit more forgiving. In most cases you should be loosing time going off line. I hope that the CT is working well at Ascari where you can really gain by pushing the track limits.

Last edited:
Thanks Gringo, I will definitely give you feedback. I know the detection is not perfect in the current version so I am very anxious to get v1.04 on the server and battle tested. :)

I hope this is not a dumb question, I have been able to port over most GSC tracks to AMS ( just because )
But I am unable to get the BelleisleDetroit track to load. does anyone have a fix for this? And would you share? I know the quality is not so good on these port overs but I just like running on them.
Is it this version? Because my version of Belle Isle does work and load.
I really dont wanna upload it though cause its a massive 214mb and my upload is awful.

DetroitGP2012_loading.jpg

What error / mas file problem are you having? When it freezes go back to desktop click on AMS, and the error will show itself. From there go to the scn and work out what path is incorrect or file is missing and rectify...whats it saying though?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back