2016-03-05_00003.jpg
2016-03-05_00004.jpg

Early 2002 Williams look. Still very wip. Getting the colour just right is hard so its left to last.

Lots of very good skinners putting stuff out so with this being my second ever attempt at a skin I may need to work extra hard to live up the community's standards. :p

Anyone able to help me? Couldn't find a Modding Questions thread, so posting here.

I'm using the templates provided here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-templates-viewers-available-here.118488/ and I've taken the Formula V10 model, opened it in 3DS Max 2016, where I'm then exporting the model to .3ds in order to open it in Photoshop .

I'm then, increasing the resolution from 1024 x 1024 to 2048 x 2048 (as otherwise graphics seem to get pixelated), and then I'm starting my skinning.

This all works great apart from the pictures I've attached below. I'm designing graphics that I then "Merge Down" onto the 3d model, and I'm getting this horrible messy stuff left over? Any ideas why this is, or do I just have to manually go into the actual template and tidy it up? Surely there must be something I'm missing as to why this is not skinning over these pixels spots?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• sdfsdf.JPG
    sdfsdf.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 379
  • sdfg.JPG
    sdfg.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 338
  • sdfsax.JPG
    sdfsax.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 335
Hi,

I'm trying to do my first skin. It will be this car for the SuperV8.

484007942-dale-earnhardt-jr-drives-the-microsoft-gettyimages.jpg

Later today I'll post some pictures of it. I'm not using 3ds max. Is it really necessary?

Also, I have some doubts regarding on how to make a more metallic look to the blue color. Currently it is only shinny (not that awful glossy look, that I already managed to correct)

Hi,

I'm trying to do my first skin. It will be this car for the SuperV8.

484007942-dale-earnhardt-jr-drives-the-microsoft-gettyimages.jpg

Later today I'll post some pictures of it. I'm not using 3ds max. Is it really necessary?

Also, I have some doubts regarding on how to make a more metallic look to the blue color. Currently it is only shinny (not that awful glossy look, that I already managed to correct)
No need to use 3ds.
See this guide for chrome paint.
https://sites.google.com/a/aaotts.com/fdgrfactor/dashboard/painting-a-car-for-rfactor-1
You can balance the shine with (White to Black), you will understand when you read the guide ;)
Good luck.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back