Hi @Adrian Subiela i installed yours last night and they looked pretty good to me, seemed to be working properly, Tero's are very milky looking, have you looked at yours yet in AMS I think yours are working better because of alpha channel ????

oh, IF you already done it, it's fine for me, no problem at all.

You can also take all my skins for the GSCE to make a good real livery skinpack. It's up to you guys.

I always do skins like a hobby.

The only annoying thing for me is for matte paints: cars look always shiny with the new shaders… I am still trying to adjust a paint from SCE and it does not look as nice. Chrome is working well tho! :)
View attachment 123568

There's a workaround for that by altering the specular texture. For example, with the Super V8s just extract the BODY_S.dds file from the .MAS file, alter it to your liking (same as your alpha channel on the main texture, but go about twice as dark if you want really flat paint), save as DXT5 with a solid white alpha and drop the .DDS file into the team folder of the car you want to modify. As long as you have it in the individual team folder your spec texture will only load with the team car, all the others will use the default spec. This way you can have a custom specular map for each team.

For example, here's a default livery that I added a custom spec texture to, to make the black ultra flat. It's hard to tell in a still picture, but look at the reflection under the mirror and you can see it.

1gwHHhO.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the spec texture itself so you can see how dark you need to go to get the paint really flat.

9EBXHWZ.jpg

Oh, thank you for trying this and the detailed explanation Justin! :thumbsup: Very handy! I must admit that between driving the beta for hours and preparing the spotter guide for RDTCC10, I had put that paint aside… I'll try that tonight!

As long as you have it in the individual team folder your spec texture will only load with the team car, all the others will use the default spec.
One last question: did you try on track too? I remember that in GTR² it was working fine in showroom but on track all the cars were using the same spec texture… (usually the one from the player car).

Oh I forgot to mention, don't use full black (0,0,0) for the spec texture or the paint looks weird, absolutely NO light reflects off of it. Very unnatural.
Nice tip: I never use full black (0,0,0) or full white (255, 255, 255) for skins or alpha layer, results are always better with a very dark grey or very light grey.

Thank you again! :)

Thanks Justin... hey do you what i have to do to get the tinted visors working in AMS, normally i just used a darker white, but nothing i do on the alpha seems to make them tinted from the inside ?

@Justin Davis So, I edited BODY_S.dds and made a quick test: it works fine in the showroom, but on track all the cars use the player texture unfortunately…
spec_map_test.jpg

Have a look on the hoods: on each one of them you can guess the Automobilista logo that sits on my paint… The only workaround I see would be to also extract the 3d from the .MAS file and edit it so it uses a specific reflection map, but I don't think we are allowed to do that… :cry:

@Justin Davis So, I edited BODY_S.dds and made a quick test: it works fine in the showroom, but on track all the cars use the player texture unfortunately…
View attachment 124300
Have a look on the hoods: on each one of them you can guess the Automobilista logo that sits on my paint… The only workaround I see would be to also extract the 3d from the .MAS file and edit it so it uses a specific reflection map, but I don't think we are allowed to do that… :cry:

Man, that's really a bummer... I should have taken a closer look at the AI vehicles on track before making that suggestion. The ability to control the reflectivity of liveries has always been one of my favorite aspects of Reiza's shaders, too. Thanks for taking the time to look deeper into this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back