1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS Modding - Skins (Work in progress)

Discussion in 'Automobilista Mods' started by RaceDepartment, Feb 25, 2016.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

Post your skin WIP project in this thread please.

Once you have finished your mod make sure to upload it to the Automobilista resource manager to share your work with the rest of the community.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

2. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

What needs to be done to the SCE templates/file to have them look correct in AMS ?
    will we be able to have our own classes still ?

3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

Bodies are identical to SCE. I did not try every single cars but I have not seen any change in the .veh files: skins from SCE can simply be dropped in AMS and it works! (Older skins would just need the class line edited.)
    Same for most of the windows but I noticed the Lancer Cup and SuperV8 have different shades now and need to be redone: glass used to be black, it is now light grey. The mapping is the same, it should just be a matter of importing the existing decals to a new template. Not sure when templates will be available tho...
    For a new class… You can make a new serie (rfm files are now called series) but cannot name it the way you want, it is discussed in the Cars WIP thread.
    The only annoying thing for me is for matte paints: cars look always shiny with the new shaders… I am still trying to adjust a paint from SCE and it does not look as nice. Chrome is working well tho! :)
    AMS 2016-02-28 00-06-39-20.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Making custom skins work in random multiplayer servers will never be an option ?

It's probably still tied to rfm in AMS, right ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Thanks @alexSchmurtz i will just have to wait and see and experiment some.

6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

Helmets must now have an alpha layer (it was only mandatory for kart before). If not, you get a nice chrome helmet. :p Template did not change either. Suits have the same template too.
    There is also a cool new feature in the official tracks: the pit boxes are paintable! Each team can have its own colors… I'm experimenting a bit. Most people will probably think it is a default one since the scheme theme is Automobilista… :rolleyes:
    AMS 2016-02-28 17-59-58-76.jpg AMS 2016-02-28 17-59-23-24.jpg AMS 2016-02-28 17-53-34-94.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

What files do you paint for pit bays

8. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

There is a new dds in each team folder. I used the original ones as a base for my experiment, it is pretty straight forward. Just a bunch of panels! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Can't wait to start working with skins in this AMS

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Can we get some Formula V10 templates going? Or even just a template resource post like the GSC:E forums have?

11. DELETE

12. Where can i find the newest templates?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Juergen

Juergen
    Premium Member

same question here...

14. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

does anyone know who made the tires in the pic ??? and able to notify them to ask nicely if they can update them to look proper in AMS

[​IMG]

15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

16. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

I think there were two sets getting around and I run the other set, not the ones above. I will go digging when I got time and try remember how I aquired them.

17. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

Some tires were also included with some of SuperV8 skins, maybe go through the SCE skin section. I thought it was the same set at the one above!

18. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

with just a straight copy of a Superv8 skin into AMS all seems pretty fine except the tinted sun visors don't work?? I tried even full white in the alpha and it sill didn't work (make it a solid colour ala GSCE full black made it go clear but not visa versa GRRrrr apart from that I think its all good, once some does a Dunlop tire properly

I wish I cod do them myself... anyone care to train me :)

19. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

@Tero Dahlberg : hi . I really liked your tires you did for the superV8, will you be looking at doing a revision on them so they look correct in AMS.

20. Adrian Subiela

Adrian Subiela
    Premium Member

We have to take a look inside the .MAS FILES, give me a few days to check and update the tires ( if I could)