AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

The mod does have its own rfm right ? :D Anyways nice job really looking forward to release :coffee: :D

Yes, although its not called rfm in AMS, but SRS. Just look into the folders, there is a folder called Series. You can open a SRS-file with Notepad;) I called it Reiza22.srs, in this way the button to choose the mod is available in main menu screen. But if another mod is called the same (reiza22) than it will conflict. If i give it another high number (or name) , the mod is only available by choosing the button "all cars all tracks". Not a huge problem for me though...
Okay, i will give the mod its own unique name (the srs file), thus only visible in "all cars all tracks" section.
Will inform you all when mod is uploaded and available....on a Spanish site, xtremefactor.es.
I can't upload it here, as the base of this mod is coming from a huge mod for RFactor1;)

So this,

menu.jpg

or this

4.jpg

Ok thanks for the quick explaining :) But it seems like I can't drive this beauty. xtremefactor doesn't work for me it always says Domain not installed ?? I don't know what problem this is and how to fix it.

Ok thanks for the quick explaining :) But it seems like I can't drive this beauty. xtremefactor doesn't work for me it always says Domain not installed ?? I don't know what problem this is and how to fix it.

Use a browser like Internet Explorer and Safari, the site hates Firefox. Also accept cookies and use no adblocker or simular things. Even than you can be unlucky and the site is down, but your chances are mutch higher. ;)

@ hummer444: Thanks for the greate Mod.

That's not a browser issue at all - I'm fairly sure you're on an IPv6 connection Lennart (German, so probably Unitymedia/KabelBW? ;)), likely using Dual Stack or Dual Stack Lite to access websites not offering native IPv6 connections, as well.
Xtremefactor however seem to have set up their server connections to accept both IPv6 and IPv4 connections (which is good!) for their webserver/TS/etc., i.e. when accessing the page, your connection will be established using IPv6. Unfortunately, they did not set up the actual webserver service to serve content on said IPv6 connection (which is, well, not good), hence the dummy page.

In conclusion, people who are on IPv4-connections only won't have problems accessing the site while IPv6 users will be served an IPv6 site which hasn't been set up properly. You can actually check whether that's the case by pinging xtremefactor via Windows' command line:
Code:
ping xtremefactor.es
IPv4 connections will get responses from 91.121.178.10 (which is accessible but serves the IIS default page as they are likely using a subfolder or something for the actual content) while the IPv6 address should be 2001:41d0:1:1b00:87:98:231:19.

Not like all of that is of any help, but IMHO, it's the most probable explanation ;)

I called it Reiza22.srs, in this way the button to choose the mod is available in main menu screen. But if another mod is called the same (reiza22) than it will conflict.
I haven't got my hands on AMS yet, but if it follows the same pattern than GSC to name mods and classes, you can try using whatever name you wish. For instance, I remember creating a private mod in GSC and calling the classes something like "OldClassic". It worked just fine. No need to fear that someday Reiza will use your "Reiza22" class.
Maybe worth a try?
Cheers. Hope to be able to test your mod when AMS is available. Love the abarths.

you are wrong... if you use a different naming the cars will just show up at all cars, if you use a number higher than 22 the logo of your mod wont show up on the menu... for now it just work with reiza and the next free number...

Agree. Also helps with making it clear in the server listing what series is being used.
Abarth1000 the better choice imo. Reiza22 tells a new comer nothing. But you are the pro, you decide what works best.

edit: Just saw Patriot's post. I guess it's Reiza22 then...

reiza22 is the name of the file (in Windows Explorer); you can still name the serie Abarth1000 in game. Let's trust PATR10T & hummer444, they probably tried to make it work with different solutions! It has been reported in the beta forum and the answer from Reiza dev was that it is like that for the moment so there is still hope… We are still expecting at least one more car from Reiza as official content so I guess they will use reiza22… I think this part of the UI is simply not finished, we need to give them time.

this is the info we have from reiza, i asked why my mod isnt showing when i name it eecgt3.srs and got the answer that we have to use this style for now...

ams is beta so for sure not everything can work 100% right now... also no mod is released yet so i dont see a problem there...

I tested some gsc mods and even if they are loaded correctly the physics seems to be quite different (more combined girp and high temperature build up). Shall I change something in the tire files?

When you speak of applying shaders to outside only? Is that to do with the file someone paints a livery on or something else?

No, every new game from Reiza comes with new shaders used in that game for cars and tracks, you find them packed in coreshaders.mas.
So if you don't update a mod or track to the latest shaders you get cars/track(parts) that are too bright/dark/saturated etc etc.
You can't correct this properly by only redoing the textures used for a car or track. To come close to Reiza standard the mod has to be updated with latest shaders implemented.
Grtz

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back