AmplifiedNL - Ford GT40 Classic Racing V8 Sound Mod

Sounds AmplifiedNL - Ford GT40 Classic Racing V8 Sound Mod 0.97

Login or Register an account to download this content

Amplified

Sound Crafting
Amplified submitted a new resource:

AmplifiedNL - Ford GT40 Classic Racing V8 Sound Mod - Custom Ford GT40 Soundmod, raw and vintage vibe

Ford GT 40 Soundmod - v0.95 Beta
Made by AmplifiedNL - Jeroen van Iperen

So here we have it, the first version of the Ford GT40 soundmod is a fact! I hope you will enjoy it as much as i have had the pleasure of creating this beastly sounding car note. It is a very loud,vintage raw racecar sound mod.

It still needs some refinement and new sounds here and there. But the main engine note is good enough to fully enjoy this right now.

The readme textfile contains the installation...

Read more about this resource...

200.webp

Wow! Sounds amazing cranked up loud as hell through headphones. Thank you!
Please do the Cobra next.

I agree about the new version, way too much wobble sound IMO. With some fine tuning it could be good. Love the sound mod but I'll stick with 0.95 for now.

Ha! Completely forgot about that mod being developed. Excited to see it's out, but after watching the 0.96 previews I think I'm going to pass until further wobble tweaks are done. Yup, the effect creeped into revs ranges where it shouldn't be present at all and that kind of kills the mod for me. I think IF the effect can't be tuned properly in Fmod engine, it might be a better idea to remove it rather than have it wrong. Or, even better - since it's a small mod - provide two versions of it, so that the player can choose if he wants the wobble or not. Everybody wins :D.

Awesome stuff Jeroen! I'd love to see someone make something along these lines for some of the Big Block V8 CanAm car mods that are available on AC, which I'm enjoying but none have quite the right sound. Would you consider doing some great sounds like this for CanAm cars?

Here's some examples of what they really should sound like:

Is it worth it for a rip that someone has thrown together?

I'd still love a tweaked version without the cabin sound for the Lola T70 Ford. The updated version without the experimental effect would also be good. I recently switched to VR and the T70 Ford sounds worse on the Rift than my stereo (using the first version of the mod.) Very muffled engine sound with lots of cabin echo type noise (technical terms :D)

M8C with Bazza's physics is one of those rips totally worth it and I'd love to hear some good, open top, big block Chevy soundpack for it.

First, however, still waiting for the optional non-wobble version of the GT-40 pack :p.

If they're anything as "good" as the T70 physics from that pack, you need to seriously recalibrate your understanding of "good."

You'll have plenty of time to take care of that while you wait for updates here.

Please help.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I downloaded the file and there's now no engine sound at all. I get collision noises if I crash, but no other sounds, just a little road noise. I can't even get the original AC sound back. And this is one of my all time favourite cars.

Am I doing something wrong?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years