America's Army 3

ive re-installed it on Steam but doing training, i finish the weapon familiarisation that comes straight after the assault course and it goes straight back to the main menu after that but doesnt show the training as being completed.

ive re-installed it on Steam but doing training, i finish the weapon familiarisation that comes straight after the assault course and it goes straight back to the main menu after that but doesnt show the training as being completed.

wait for Authen to catch up with the load. It will process it after a while. Then you can move on.

Well, they made a patch I played online and I was damn amazed how good this game is.

It's so fun, but so realistic, very very realistic infact. The whole world movement and sounds as well as team work being a big factor in the game and being punished for dieing just makes you really feel like your actually in a real life war.

By far the most realistic shooting sim ever made, just released it to early.

Some servers are still quite laggy though and theres still some bugs, but this will allways be fixed. The good thing about AA they will allways fix and continue to work on each versions of the game.

If am honest I would wait a bit for the main Auth Server to get sorted a bit more and the next patch to come. The game was released to early so it's still not the most stable and can be laggy at times.

Give it time and it will rock, I've played it without lag and with smoothness and it's one hell of a game.

Also, one bug is, the game runes better on full settings then medium or low, on medium / low for me the game was choppy, put it on full and it was smooth. :struggle:

Americas Army 3 - Dedicated Server

For Bram. This is From AA3 Forum. Lock?

Obtaining Server Files
It appears that there really isn't a dedicated server package for this game, but rather the client itself can be altered to run as a server. This being said, you just need to get the game downloaded to the computer you wish to use as your server and install it.

You can get the game from the following:
Deploy Client
Steam
*Note: I have no idea why there is America's Army 3 Dedicated Server in Steam's Tools menu.

Configuration
The configuration files are HORRIBLY overwhelming. I will list the most common configuration options you should set to initially get your server up and running but the rest of the fine tuning you will need to figure out yourself.

The configuration file for the server is located in /AA3Game/Configs/ and is called AA3Game.ini. Open up this file with Notepad (or your favorite text editor) and make the following changes. Use CTRL+F to find the option you wish to change.
Code:

MaxPlayers=26
ServerName="My Awesome New AA3 Server"
ShortName="AA3 Server"
MessageOfTheDay="Thanks to Al Capwn from AwpaholicA.com for helping me set this server up!"
AdminPassword=mypass
TimeLimit=10
bEnableMapRotation=true
iMaxRoundsPerMatch=10
iAutoSwitchSidesRound=6
bAllowOTRoundOnTies=true
bAutoBalanceTeamsSizes=true
bDisableForceJoinTeam=true
bUseTS3VOIP=true
TeamSpeakCodec=2
TeamSpeakVoiceQuality=10

Start Up
In the /Binaries/ folder, right click aa3game.exe and create a Desktop Shortcut by going Send To -> Desktop. This will create a link to the game executable and allow you to specify command line options to start the server.

Right-click the newly created shortcut on your desktop and go to Properties.
In the Target textbox, go to the end of the path and add the following:
Code:
server <MAPNAME>?MissionType=<TYPE>?MaxPlayers=<#>?MaxSpectators=<#>?TimeLimit=<#>?MULTIHOME=<x.x.x.x>?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?LAN

Of course you need to change all of the parameters to match your desires, the finished Target should look something like this:
Code:

C:\Servers\AA3\Binaries\aa3game.exe server Ranch_day_fog?MissionType=ao?MaxPlayers=26?MaxSpectators=2?TimeLimit=10?MULTIHOME=72.249.94.82?EnableTS3=Y?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev?LAN

Apply the changes to the properties and close the window. All you need to do now is double click the shortcut and your server will load.

Connecting
Since your server is not global, it will need to be connected to via console. To do this:
Open console with F12.
Type open <ip>?Name=<name> (Example: open 72.249.94.82?Name=Al_Capwn)
Press enter.
If you wish to log in as admin, add the parameter ?adminpw=<password> to your connect line, where <password> is the password you specified in the aa3game.ini file earlier.
I have written a guide on using AA3 server admin which can be found HERE

General stuff needed to get some stuff to work / or workaround bugs.

If you get choppy game play on medium or low settings stick it on full settings. Warning though that you need quite a good video card / cpu to run the game on full with fps allways over 30fps ( alla 9600gt and above )

Run the game in windowed mode to avoid any possible freezing and to get the hud to work at all times.

If the menu hud goes sometimes while in game press escape twice.

Turn of AA in your video card control panel!.

Sometimes you will press to load server and it will start loading it and then switch you back to main menu. This is normally because if the server says 24/26 (for example ) while your joining 2 guys could join infront of you and the server not allow spectators , so it puts you back to main menu.

Some server will be laggy still, but you can find good ones.

There my personal work arounds to any problemes I've had, but more here:

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=298119

&
here
http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=298991

And remember this game is about team work! Don't let your mate die while you run away from him!

Attachments

• Delete these..jpg
    Delete these..jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 205
Another quite big update just been released

Steam said:
Updates to America's Army 3 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

America's Army 3

Removes Password from AA3Launch.log

Fix for MBS not working after server changes to a new map

Fixes TeamReady in Mission Preplanning

Updated authentication SDK to improve reliability and performance

Fix for freezing on training mission load

Improved performance on loading maps/training missions

Fixed several small memory leaks

Fixed performance issue with server that caused it to load UI elements into the server (where they aren't needed) and thus use up additional CPU and memory.

Modified training authentication so it is more efficient

Modified AMD negative delta time exception handling so it no longer stops the server or client, but just logs the event

Fixed Admin add Player Admin

Fixed Admin kicking of players. Now works properly with Soldier name and has optional kick by player ID

Add new AdminListPlayers to get list of players and their player ID's

Removes most of the server log spam, especially that tied to missions and mission setup and ROE

Fixes several issues related to ROE firing off when player is bleeding, asphyxiating, or falling after being wounded by ROE

You can now strafe on ladders so you don't get stuck in Pipeline or Obstacle Course. Strafe too far and you fall off, just like AA 2.x

Modified program startup to clear out any old ATS temporary files

Improved scoring messaging support for training missions

Fixes several scoring issues

Optimizes more of the authentication code and adds better exception handling in it

Adjusts STS (stats) integration to better detect invalid objects to avoid crashes

Fixes issues with single player stats not correctly initializing all of the time

Adds feedback to UI when player purchases training until purchase is complete (says "Purchasing")

Modifies MBS to track how many players are playing vs. how many players are on the server (player + Spectators) and now MBS browser only shows the number of players (so the count won't exceed max players)

Turns HUD off whenever menu is activated (still an issue with battle planner activation the first time, however)

Adjusts the close menu logic to always close properly so double menus should no longer happen

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back