1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's Army 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rob Shillito, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Well i had high hopes but seeing as it wont find any of my old accounts then i wont be playing it as im not going through the whole training again. I think ill wait for Arma 2
  2. No reason to call the game a letdown because of that...

Hey, at least you can play it. Mine still says unreleased for some reason! :(
  3. Mine says unreleased aswell Mark :(
  4. Just watched the trailer looks like a good game.
  5. My friend has been playing it for about 30mins now! :mad:
  6. They have big problems up-on release again, it wont unlock on steam for allot of us, i would give it a day or so.

It's amazing game once you get it working i've been told by friends, the most realistic shooter ever, ( aa2 was the most realistic before it though! ) but getting it to work currently is a different matter. It's a free game and the amount of people trying to download it, unlock it at once has far exeeded what the US Army thought, so there has been a massive overload.
  7. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

i'm d/ling it on first try. :D
  8. I think its working on mine so im gonna leave it and get me mum to keep an eye on it whilst im at work :)
  9. you have to restart Steam for it to realise the game has been released.
  10. I have restarted twice.

What has been suggested is to change the download location in the options, to give you another "slot", if you will.
  11. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

I Propose a RD server? :th_jtteglad:
  12. Im up for it once it downloads
  13. arghhh it says i have a locked copy of it on my compter how do i get a unlocked copy ????

EDIT:Sorry guys just read the other posts about restarting steam, and it works now thankyou :)
  14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

meh did Basic Marksman Training and first one and it doesnt save :( 38/40 in marksman training. -.-
  15. if you want it to work properly then download it through AA Deploy from Big Download, apparently without Steam it works absolutely fine
  16. i just uninstalled it from Steam and used AA Deploy but it just comes up with "AA Deploy has stopped working" im running Vista x64
  17. You can run it witout steam.

There a few problems upon release, training bug and online problems, complete overload.
  18. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

my results started to save and problems are with huge number of people wanting to play at once.
  19. Here's statement from US Army developers:

20. Update to latest DirectX. Also, in Steam, click "My Games", right click on "America's Army 3", select "Properties", "Set launch options", type in "-dxlevel 10 and press "OK".