American Truck Simulator Released

Chris

Premium
American-Truck-Simulator-at-PC-Gaming-Show.jpg
SCS Software, the team behind the wildly successful Euro Truck Simulator series, have released their next game in the 'Freight-hauling' genre with American Truck Simulator.

You can now share and discuss all things 'American Truck Simulator' here at RaceDepartment with our new dedicated sub-forum and modding section!

The game currently features two types of truck, the Peterbilt 579 and the Kenworth T680, however whilst this may seem underwhelming for a released game, the developers have confirmed that they are in the process of acquiring the licenses for PACCAR and Volvo trucks, the latter of which will be the VNL 780 to be released in future updates. In terms of the States available for your deliveries, the game comes with the two states of California and Nevada, with Arizona coming to the game as a free update with a time period of "Soon™".

The game is currently available for download over at Steam for $19.99 USD / 18.05€ / $27.90 AUD.

Over to you!
Will you be getting American Truck Simulator? If you already own it, share your experiences of it here!

Last edited:
Well, it's basically a stand-alone expansion pack, isn't it?
ETS2 is also only 20€, so that's the same price.

Last time i checked, trucks over in America worked the same way as here in Europe ;)

I have it and if you know where to look then it's cheap as chips. It's only got California and Nevada to start with and Arizona is due shortly. All other states will be pay dlc. Mind you it's only £14.99 on steam. Watch out for the cops as they like dishing out $1000 fines for speeding. If you get pulled into a weigh station and you don't go in then that's a $1400 fine. Oh and you can turn left on red lol

Last edited:
Maps in ATS have alot more detail than ETS2 maps, that's why progress on maps is low. I prefer that and wait for more than lifeless maps u get from vanilla ets2

It's pretty good. Yeah not much difference in gameplay or feel to ETS2. Sounds are louder and the scenery and towns etc are more detailed. Sea mists floating about, basketball and tennis courts with people playing on them. Surf shops with racking and boards outside. It has more life to it :). Very nice and they're not exactly ripping us off with that price tag either!! :).

Mixed feelings really. I think it is a little bit overpriced in the sense that you get the identical game. I couldn't help feeling that I paid twice for the same thing. On the other hand, it is highly addictive, because of this atmosphere:
2698F85CF25C77AA406E1ADD776813013BA3796E

Oh and you can turn left on red lol
You can turn right on a red light in the US in almost all the states, unless stated otherwise. It's actually a lot smoother than we are used to in the EUSSR.

Same for the placements of the traffic lights after a junction instead of before a junction like here in Europe. I often twist my long giraffe neck when waiting for a red sign. No probs in Murica though :)

I really need to get this as I work in the trucking industry and it could offer me greater insight into the challenges that truck-drivers (Customers) face everyday. I've towed doubles at a total length of 65' but, that's not nearly the same as maneuvering a 53' trailer or wide/heavy loads.

Understanding some of the challenges for truck-drivers can make us better drivers as well; things like leaving extra space for turning at intersections, signaling when clear (flashing headlights) in passing situations, etc., make the roads safer for everyone.

I've read that this works in VR quite well too although, using the older Run-times.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back