American Truck Simulator New Arizona Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Arizona 2.jpg

SCS Software have been busy of late polishing up developments for both American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2, the most recent of which can be seen in the new images for the upcoming ATS Arizona map in this article.

The team behind the development of ATS have revealed some interesting insights into the technological advancements utilised for this new DLC.

SCS have revealed that the Arizona map should benefit from high resolution textures, greater variety of shoulders and side-walks (that's paths for you English readers...) as well as a greater emphasis on providing a more fluent driving experience for users to enjoy.... including "harmonized and more logical" speed limits (whatever that means).

With ETS, ETS2 and the launch version of American Truck Simulator designed and developed using technology and tools of an older generation the more recent developments for both games now use a new modular system that allows greater flexibility for the developers to flex their creative muscles.

With Arizona on the way for ATS and a new French location coming to ETS 2 the future for fans of the trucking scene looks bright indeed...

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 both feature in our RaceDepartment Sim Racing Games sub forums with a wealth of discussion topics, news items and of course a large selection of the many awesome community created mod content for these 2 epic games. Head on over to the American Truck Sim and European Truck Sim 2 sub forums to find out more...

ATS Arizona 3.jpg ATS Arizona 4.jpg ATS Arizona 5.jpg ATS Arizona 6.jpg ATS Arizona 7.jpg ATS Arizona.jpg

Ok its not a racing game, but it is awesome... Do you enjoy ATS/ETS2? Looking forward to the Arizona release? Let us know in the comments section below!

What about you? Would you enjoy it more if it was like a "simple" driving simulator?

No I wouldn't. I ride motorcycles and drive cars all the times. Sometimes long distance. Why would I want to simulate that? I don't find it relaxing at all.

But each to their own I say. I'm off to practice for my next club race in the RRE club. Much more stimulating.:thumbsup:

Which is why I don't understand why they don't do this with cars...
I think it would be SO more "fun" as a freeroam driving simulator!
It seems people all have very different opinions though.
Some people told me it was stupid to want cars and the point was to deliver goods...
I don't understand this opinion...
Personally, I couldn't care less about the delivery itself and I like the fact that it might be the most realistic driving experience ever. (I'm talking about the way the traffic behaves, the gas stations, etc.)
I see it as a relaxing realistic driving experience, that's all.
Sometimes I even "relax" driving hillclimbs in Assetto Corsa.:)
Sometimes I don't race and just drive at normal speed with a "street car".
I used to do it in some GTA games but after playing some simulations, I can't go back to action games. lol:laugh:
What about you? Would you enjoy it more if it was like a "simple" driving simulator?

I think you need some kind of goal to motivate why you would drive somewhere in these sort of sims, whether delivering goods, as in ETS2, or bus passengers, like in OMSI. Not sure what goal you would have with cars, if not racing or a taxi driver.

No I wouldn't. I ride motorcycles and drive cars all the times. Sometimes long distance. Why would I want to simulate that? I don't find it relaxing at all.
I feel the same regarding driving regular cars as I get enough of that with daily commutes in everyday life and it can be stressful and frustrating dealing with traffic, bad drivers, and real life risks. No fun at all in the real world.

However, I have never driven a big rig, nor have I experienced the challenge of trying to reverse a long trailer into a specific narrow parking space. THAT for me, along with the realistic feeling of shifting all those gears with my G27 shifter, is the biggest enjoyment and satisfaction that I get from ETS2 and ATS. My god, how I love 'em. Heck, I even bought "Scania Truck Driving Simulator" because that's even MORE good times for somebody like me as it really focuses on specific maneuvers and parking. I can't explain it and I know some folks just don't get it because I used to be one of those folks, too. Drive a truck at the speed limit? What the heck, why would anybody? But I saw the reviews and then I got ETS2 during a Steam sale, and the next thing you know, I've spent hundreds of hours building a trucking empire all over Europe.

I just hope I live long enough to see that ATS map eventually reach my home state of NC. :D

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back