American Truck Sim Build 1.5 Released and Map Rescale!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS 1.5 Road.jpg

American Truck Simulation developers SCS Software have released the latest free update to the game, including the brand new map rescale that increases the American map from 1:35 to 1:20 scale as well as adding considerable road length extensions and a new city - Santa Maria.

Despite the size of the new 1.5 build release and rescale, SCS Software have maintained their original intention to release the update for free to current owners of the game. As well as the rescale and addition of Santa Maria, the latest build also reworks the Oxnard city, adds "hundreds of miles" of new road structures, dozens of reworked and or new junctions and a whole list additional content and feature updates to the game.
ATS overpass.jpg

Rescaled map main features:
  • Scale 1:35 → 1:20 – 1,75x larger map
  • Hundreds of miles of new longer roads
  • A new city - Santa Maria
  • Completely reworked city – Oxnard
  • Reworked roadsystem topology:
    New Interstate I-580 and I-80 connections
    I-5 near LA topology corrected
    I-5 Redding topology corrected
    New stretch of CA-101​
  • Correct interstate junctions - no more same level crossing, freeways exiting on itself, etc
  • 28 reworked or new junctions - most notably - Reno, San Francisco, San Diego, L.A.
  • 6 new custom rest areas – truckstops
  • More accurate height profiles - new steeper climbs and descends
  • Famous recognizable landscape landmarks: Donner pass, Grapevine, Kumeyaay highway, Picachio peak, Humphreys peak, Cajon pass

ATS 1.5 patch notes

Main features
  • Map rebuilt in 1:20 scale
  • Upgrade Shop and Truck Browser Search Tool
  • New chassis options (6x2 & 6x2 Midlift)
Game
  • Adjustable interior FOV per truck
  • Weigh station UI behavior made more real
  • Truck repair/refuel performed by hired driver cost money, included in logs
  • Added informational dialog showing when game detects upgrade or downgrade
  • Added pounds + short tonnes as weight unit option
  • Add possibility to buy driver and co-driver plate in truck dealer
  • Online job offer: Replaced refresh button with browse jobs
  • Better trailer air pressure simulation
  • Low air warning should only be active with running engine
  • Parking brake mechanical safeguard on low air added
  • Revised rolling resistance computations
  • Hired driver use same math for eco skill as player
  • Added selector modes to shift layout, correct detection of split shifts (advanced mode)
  • Adaptive shifting logic improved
  • Mod manager: Added link to load game screen in case game crashed and user has at least one mod activated
  • Mod manager: Added possibility of setting profile by name and by user profile pointer
  • Mod manager: Added dlc dependency list to mod manifest
  • Prevent to AI trucks disappearing in players view
  • Tweaked traffic spawn frequencies
MOD
  • Changed map parameters (climate_profile, map_data)
  • Moddable interior camera zoom parameters. (speed, factor)
  • 1 degree rotation on Ctrl + R, 90 degree rotation on Home
  • Merged editable sign and sign dialog
  • Refresh sign template and its model from content browser
  • Added letter-spacing to sign editor
  • Store content browser navigation history
  • Support for day/nigh effect switching and child hookups for lod_model_hookup_u
  • Undo of veg sphere manipulation
ATS 1.5 - Truck Stop.jpg

American Truck Simulator is available for Windows PC and currently retails for the reduce price of £10.49 on the Steam network.

Don't forget we have a nice selection of mods for ATS right here at RaceDepartment. Have a look at our American Truck Simulator sub forum for all the news and discussion as well as browsing our modding archive. If it's big riggin' you like, then look no further!

Last edited:
wondering if I should get it, havign tons of fun with ETS2, but this feel like it would be pretty much the same , just on US soil

To be honest it is, but its so cheap its just got to be purchased!

Although its basically ETS2 in America, the game is so well done, and the little touches unique to the US make it well worth a buy in my opinion.

Go on, you know you want to :) (after you've finished that Primera first though :D )

With all the simracing content out lately I've really been neglecting my trucking empire. Seems like it's going to be like starting a new game which is okay with me. I hope SCS and the modders can get on with adding some more states now.

These guys should expand these beatifully crafted maps to include other driving professions as well. (Bus, taxi, posting etc etc...) Maybe they can release another game or DLCs.

Agreed. I find the big rigs a bit tedious to drive and would enjoy driving a box truck type vehicle a lot more. Taxi would be great too, just cruise around the city checking out the scenery until you get a call, go find them and take them where they need to go, I'd totally dig that.

• Deleted member 6919

It might be me but I can't say I have noticed anything different when it comes to the time it takes to travel the distance of the job, but as I said it might just be my brain isn't seeing it.

Did a couple of long runs last night and I definitely noticed the difference. The long drives across the desert now take a decent amount of time. I think they should add some more traffic though as other than the freeways it seems way too sparse.

wondering if I should get it, havign tons of fun with ETS2, but this feel like it would be pretty much the same , just on US soil

Was playing ETS2 about 15 hours or more and switched to ATS. I find ATS way better because more challenging, especially the trailer parking, better graphics and cities in 3D you can drive through. I didn´t try mods, so don´t know what is possible in ETS2, but i find it much more boring and repetitive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back