1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

AMD performance

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by yellowpinkie, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hi

I've seen a few posts complaining about the performance on amd cards, is this still a problem? And if so, how bad?

thanks

Ric

2. i dont have problems with my AMD card. i have an old 5850 and can run the game on medium/high settings! :)

3. sounds encouraging thanks :)

4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

For me atm it's horrible.
    Af x16
    Resolution high
    FXAA med
    Shadows/reflections/envy map med
    Player/track detail high
    Detailed grass off
    I run a i7 2600 8gb ram with 2 r9 290's in crossfire with 3 x 24" 1080p monitors. In practice I get 45-55 fps in most the pits on track I've seen anywhere from mid 40's to 100 fps and don't think I've seen my gpu usage go above 60 %
    With 10 Ai low to mid 30's fps :(
    I sure hope things improve and amd supports crossfire for this title

5. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium Member

I have an R9-270 with an i5-2550 stock and I was amazed how well it ran yesterday. I play it every 3 months or so, I can't keep up with the changes. But I went in yesterday and put in 5 hours. At the end of the night, I wanted to do some screenshots, so I set up a GT3 race at Spa with 18 cars. And at the start, I was getting zero lag or stuttering. I was actually shocked at the frame rate. I know the little FPS guage in rFactor says I can get 120 FPS, but it never, ever looked as good as this. I have settings on high but no AA since I'm pushing 2500x1440. I think there's been some serious optimization going on. It used to be rough in the rain, so that'll be my next test. But boy does it work well.