1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA Drivers released!

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Sean Kenney, May 29, 2015.

• Like Like x 5
  1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Known Issues (for 15.5) :

The AA mode I use with crossfire :rolleyes: :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. I just did a FAST check on it and definitely better performance.... no concrete numbers etc...

3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I'm going for the SLOW check i.e It can wait until tomorrow ;)

4. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

Just installed . Running with Fraps everything from start up works up to 600 FPS until it gets to menu page than it completely goes to 0 FPS can't even exit out unless I end task (control/ alt /delete).

5. Just make sure you do the raptr fix or uninstall. Raptr kept exiting the game.

6. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

When I was running driver 15.4 even with Raptr on It was running . With this 15.5 driver I had it enabled/disabled and still had same issue . Only happens on main menu of game everything from loading the game up to that point has up to 600 FPS and higher. On main menu FPS goes from 0 to 1 no higher . I was able to choose practice run (which took forever to load) and once I got on track the FPS went up to 113 on Catalunya GP with Formula B car just me on track. I exited out of game was able to choose a different car and go into car setup and start a practice run all good , once I went back to main menu FPS dropped back between 0 and 1 .Guess I will go back to 15.4 for now. " BUMMER !"
    I am using FRAPS for my FPS information.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  7. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

There is a fps counter in steam properties. Also raptr is know for causing issues, also with the calibration of certain wheels. I would suggest uninstalling it and see if the issue is fixed.

8. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium Member

I ran 15.5 with Raptr removed from PC with Fraps off and Fanatec CSW V2 unplugged from PC and still same issue only happens in the in game menu .

9. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium Member

Would you advise to uninstall the old driver? I was running the previous beta driver.

10. Frank

Frank

If you have beta drivers it is always advised to completely remove any old drivers you have before installing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I tried the leaked 15.5 driver yesterday and had mind blowing 1FPS more. Will check out this version, maybe it is different. Have an Asus 280x

12. I had that Issue with the DFGT before! i had to uninstall 15.4 before loading 15.5. I was getting black spots like a side walk on the track. I don't know if it was me trying to optimize with raptr. When I got 15.5 updated and raptr uninstalled / restart, I did see a boost in fps.

I cannot understand why AMD allows raptr to be installed, when it has been known to cause some serious issues with gaming pc's

13. Frank

Frank

The leaked driver is different than this one, AMD didn't release it yet for a reason.

14. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

So, I have dl the Beta from the official AMD Driverpage. AMD has released the Beta today.
    Cannot speak for pcars, but The Witcher3 Wild Hunt is working finally in Ultra.
    Offtopic post done. ;)

15. Yeah this one brings about 5-10FPS more than the 15.4 Beta and the leaked 15.5 in Pcars.

16. Frank

Frank

It really depends on the hardware you have, on my 290X it gave me on avarage 20 - 30 more fps.

17. Ok, I've just installed the drivers. The FPS really might be higher, buuuut... :unsure:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This looks neither good, nor playable :sick:
    And yes, the lights on the car SHOULD be on...

18. Try complete uninstall 15.4 or prior driver and restart (hope you do not have to use a restore point.) Back in Windows Install 15.5, uninstall raptr, and restart pc. Then go back and try pcars. I had graphics issues even were I was seeing below the track until I did a fresh install. Which I suspect it is one of the **AA settings.

19. ... or turn off bloom effect in ,,Visual FX'' tab:)