PC1 AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA Drivers released!

Just make sure you do the raptr fix or uninstall. Raptr kept exiting the game.

When I was running driver 15.4 even with Raptr on It was running . With this 15.5 driver I had it enabled/disabled and still had same issue . Only happens on main menu of game everything from loading the game up to that point has up to 600 FPS and higher. On main menu FPS goes from 0 to 1 no higher . I was able to choose practice run (which took forever to load) and once I got on track the FPS went up to 113 on Catalunya GP with Formula B car just me on track. I exited out of game was able to choose a different car and go into car setup and start a practice run all good , once I went back to main menu FPS dropped back between 0 and 1 .Guess I will go back to 15.4 for now. " BUMMER !"
I am using FRAPS for my FPS information.

Last edited:
When I was running driver 15.4 even with Raptr on It was running . With this 15.5 driver I had it enabled/disabled and still had same issue . Only happens on main menu of game everything from loading the game up to that point has up to 600 FPS and higher. On main menu FPS goes from 0 to 1 no higher . I was able to choose practice run (which took forever to load) and once I got on track the FPS went up to 113 on Catalunya GP with Formula B car just me on track. I exited out of game was able to choose a different car and go into car setup and start a practice run all good , once I went back to main menu FPS dropped back between 0 and 1 .Guess I will go back to 15.4 for now. " BUMMER !"
I am using FRAPS for my FPS information.
There is a fps counter in steam properties. Also raptr is know for causing issues, also with the calibration of certain wheels. I would suggest uninstalling it and see if the issue is fixed.

There is a fps counter in steam properties. Also raptr is know for causing issues, also with the calibration of certain wheels. I would suggest uninstalling it and see if the issue is fixed.
I had that Issue with the DFGT before! i had to uninstall 15.4 before loading 15.5. I was getting black spots like a side walk on the track. I don't know if it was me trying to optimize with raptr. When I got 15.5 updated and raptr uninstalled / restart, I did see a boost in fps.

I cannot understand why AMD allows raptr to be installed, when it has been known to cause some serious issues with gaming pc's

Last edited:
Ok, I've just installed the drivers. The FPS really might be higher, buuuut... :unsure:
5ABCCCAAF4EB4B69FE63AADF8CC7F9175FCE1023

760518BCC5867C28E3285E2D066B8CFD6CA81CE6

This looks neither good, nor playable :sick:
And yes, the lights on the car SHOULD be on...

This neither good, nor playable :sick:
And yes, the lights on the car SHOULD be on...
Try complete uninstall 15.4 or prior driver and restart (hope you do not have to use a restore point.) Back in Windows Install 15.5, uninstall raptr, and restart pc. Then go back and try pcars. I had graphics issues even were I was seeing below the track until I did a fresh install. Which I suspect it is one of the **AA settings.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years