AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Silverstone GP - Tuesday 1st August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

RasmusP

Premium
FAbarth_Amateurs.png
Join us for a fun evening of open wheeled club racing action and setup basics.

Wait? What is this?
This event is meant to be the step between the normal Club Races and the Friendly Events.
That means an easy to drive car with clear racing affinity and a slightly open setup (tires, brakes, anti-roll-bars and toe).
The goal of this event is to get used to play with the basics of the car setup without getting too technical about it.
You want to get deeper into setups? Checkout the sister-time trial-event on Saturdays!

Who can join?
All premium members using their full REAL NAME in the forum, servers and teamspeak

can sign up for this event and a maximum of two servers available for this event.
Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU (Tatuus FA01) #2 (server 1 entry list)
  • RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU (Tatuus FA01) #3 (server 2 entry list) 10 or more drivers required to run a second server
Cars: Tatuus FA01
Track: Silverstone GP (5901m) (24)

Fixed Setup:
Default ; Fuel, Tire Pressures, Compound, Brake Bias, ARBs and Toe adjustable
Driving Assists: ABS, no TC (Give me Feedback if you want ABS disabled in the future)
Jump Start: = Drive through penalty
App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download
App: ACRL Fuel 1.2 Download
Assetto Corsa Car Setup Directory

Schedule (EU): Tuesday, 01.08.2017
Practice:
19:00 GMT (30 minutes)*
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)

Schedule (Other timezones):
Practice: 15:00 EDT
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT
Race: 16:00 EDT

*Note that daylight savings are active. 19:00 GMT = 20:00 BST = 21:00 CEST.

Entry List
  1. RasmusP
  2. @PsychOXRat
  3. @Jonas Hillert
  4. @BigPoppa_C
  5. @peahead1987
  6. Eddy
  7. @BrianUK
  8. @Daniel Vieira
  9. @nickrroo
  10. @Kek700
  11. @Bobby Pennington
  12. @sanguinerose1985
  13. @TheStig1458
  14. @Lesley Buurlage
  15. @Dath_Po
  16. @tvr2k10
  17. @dalehyland
  18. @Paul Glover
  19. @HO7DOG
  20. @Mickael Tesson
  21. @Benoit Dufour
  22. @Lucas Gerlach
  23. @joel kuuismiiin
  24. @Des Bain
Reserves:
  1. @Llorch Durden
UTP #75 RP

Last edited:
HYPE!!! I'm in and yes, i'd like ABS disabled for future events.
EDIT: no race 2 with inverted grid or sth :(

Last edited:
I'm in, seems like it could be quite fun

HYPE!!! I'm in and yes, i'd like ABS disabled for future events.
EDIT: no race 2 with inverted grid or sth :(

I'm in and I agree no ABS in the future please

Signing you up guys! That was quick :D

Thanks for the feedback! I would like to disable ABS too in the future. Let's see how it goes! I mean you can't lock that car anyway without stomping on the brakes as if there were no tomorrow :laugh:

Reversed Grid... Thought about it but for now I wanted it kind of "classic". If it gets mentioned by other drivers I may implement it in the future :)

As you can still lock the car up with ABS on and you can still turn it completely off i cant see a issue with leaving it on. Guys who are new might just need/like that little bit of help to start with..
i would hate to scare potential new guys off. :)

As you can still lock the car up with ABS on and you can still turn it completely off i cant see a issue with leaving it on. Guys who are new might just need/like that little bit of help to start with..
i would hate to scare potential new guys off. :)
Fair racing would be the main issue leaving it on. ABS can give you half a second in terms of laptimes and so i don't see why i should disable it while everyone use it. It's hard to lock the tires on this car anyway. From what i understand this event is meant to help people learn. If you use ABS, you don't learn how to brake properly. New members will go to the mazda event or the TT if they don't feel safe here. I understand the need to find new members, but if you guys keep making things the easiest possible, i wouldn't be surprised to see the stability control allowed as well. Driving a racing car should be a challenge, not a walk in the park. In the rFactor 2 and AMS sections the staff doesn't worry so much about driving aids (and they also use mods, but that's for another time). They are disabled unless the real car has them. I don't understand why the AC section is so different from the others.

You both have strong arguments and this is no easy decision! :barefoot:
Let's see how it goes. Everyone can try the Tatuus without ABS in the Time Trial.
When the "newbies" also say they want to try it without ABS then I would like it :thumbsup:
Normally I really hate cars without ABS but this one is definitely more fun without it!

To the "why is the AC-Club so different?":
AC is kind of "the mainstream simulation" compared to the others. Newcomers will often start with AC instead of rFactor or AMS. I did it, friends of mine did it and I think we can all more or less agree on that.

So this event will start 100% without dlc content, without mods and with ABS on.
But I am open for it and would like some feedback about that from the inexperienced drivers.
You can't please everyone but the focus of whom to please can change over time :)

You both have strong arguments and this is no easy decision! :barefoot:
Let's see how it goes. Everyone can try the Tatuus without ABS in the Time Trial.
When the "newbies" also say they want to try it without ABS then I would like it :thumbsup:
Normally I really hate cars without ABS but this one is definitely more fun without it!

To the "why is the AC-Club so different?":
AC is kind of "the mainstream simulation" compared to the others. Newcomers will often start with AC instead of rFactor or AMS. I did it, friends of mine did it and I think we can all more or less agree on that.

So this event will start 100% without dlc content, without mods and with ABS on.
But I am open for it and would like some feedback about that from the inexperienced drivers.
You can't please everyone but the focus of whom to please can change over time :)
I understand, but sometimes it seems like you focus more on new members than on regular ones. I can tell you that lately i found myself racing more on AMS and rF2 than AC because they use mods (and so you have way more tracks) and they use more challenging cars. I raced F3 in AMS and F2 on rF2 and i'm going to race lmp2 (or similar) on AMS this week. I love AC, but if you keep making things easy, at some point they will become boring. Obviously this is what's happening to me and i don't know if others have the same feeling.

Im sorry to say my goal is to get more guys racing. that's also what iv'e been asked to do, and so far i have.
without new guys our clubs will die, like they where doing.. i always have look at the bigger picture.
once again i find myself thinking its all about the winning and not about the racing and the kudos of driving without ABS over a car with ABS.. club racing is not about winning its about taking part and having fun with friends..
and if ABS can bring closer racing im all for it. :)
Or perspectives on club racing differ. You have your ideas on what it is, and i have mine, and then there is the brief i work to. :)
i try to meet in the middle of it all, At times members do not realize we cant just do what we want or they want
we have to think of all our members. ;)

Last edited:
[...]club racing is not about winning its about taking part and having fun with friends..
and if ABS can bring closer racing im all for it. :)
I hope we all find some time in the Time Trial and check the Tatuus without ABS.
In AC it really does make a difference what's the factory setting. Many cars are absolutely no fun for me without ABS.
But when you see the inner front tire locking slightly up and the smoke in the mirror... Hell I'm feeling like a F1 driver:cool::p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back