1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Mohameddo-san, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Before I played rFactor and Game Stock Car 2012, the handling of F1 2012 seemed more responsive from the wheel and less so from the brakes (I was not locking up too much).

After playing rFactor and Game Stock Car 2012, where the grip and brakes are more simulation-based, I came back to F1 2012 locking up frequently and having a less responsive wheel.

Is this a matter of adjustment?

2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Depends on the cars you are driving in rF and GSC I guess.

I find the brakes in F1 2012 to be the way it's often described on TV.

3. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Well, I am using different brake setups and I keep locking up at the first corner of Monaco.

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Go hard on the brakes while having high speed, ease up gradually as the speed gets down. The only tip I can give sadly.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Monaco T1 is very hard for braking considering the huge bump. You need to be very cautious and brake a bit earlier othewise you risk smashing into the wall.

6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Also, for your Monaco T1 problem, you can run rear brake bias for the entire lap because it has a lot of corners that require you to brake and turn in simultaneously. T1 especially. That should help reduce your locking up.

7. Low pressure brake does wonders in Monaco and preventive downshifting too.

I also like to stay on the inside line before braking into T1.