• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Am I going crazy? (New Monza layout?)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Kirk Heath, May 25, 2011.

1. Kirk Heath

Kirk Heath

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, I watched a type of racing recently at Monza. I am pretty sure there was a new layout at the first chicane to reduce incidents, but I can not find it anywhere or for Race, I thought it would of been in WTCC2010 expansion.

Please let me know I am not insane :D

Like seen on this video

2. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +953
    Last WTCC race they used the one thats in the game. The "new" chicane they only use for the bikes. :)

The bikes use that extra little tarmac on the inside at 0:15. :)

3. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium

Ratings:
    +217
    Yeah, looks like it's just for bikes.

4. Kirk Heath

Kirk Heath

Ratings:
    +3
    Ahhhh I see thanks! I think it could prove as interesting for the cars. and what a battle monza was!!!

5. Wayne Reed

Wayne Reed

Ratings:
    +28
    What you was watching is world super bikes. They put the new chicane 3 years ago because to many riders was getting into a small space and the end of it was 2 riders had broke there arms.

I am hoping that some one will make the layout for sim games as it is more of a flow to the lap and makes it more safe to overtake into there :)

6. Kirk Heath

Kirk Heath

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree, it would be nice to have that variation and also would be very good as you said wayne for public servers overtaking!!