1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Alternative download link

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Qomplainerz, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Hello
    I purchased Bob's Track Builder Pro.
    Got the mail with the key,
    but when I want to download BTB from bobstrackbuilder.net it says I shall login to continue,
    although I am logged in already.
    I clicked on the verification link which I also got per mail, too.
    So I am wondering if there are alternative download links.

2. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

afaik it is:
    download the program
    install the program
    add the key
    start the program

3. The page says I shall login, although I am logged in already.

upload_2014-10-18_22-31-12.png

4. Pro Users? Strange, if you bought the program you are a pro user...
    Maybe a site glitch

5. Yeah, I purchased the pro version.
    I also believe it's a site glitch.
    However, Brendon answered via mail and I was able to download the pro version.
    Now I am stuck at uploading the hardware ID I generated.
    The site keeps saying
    " Filename does not match the current version. It should be named HardwareId.v1.0.0.1. Please ensure you are using the latest version of BTB and try again."
    I named the file exactly "HardwareID.v1.0.0.1. and the file details of Bob's Track Builder I downloaded also say version 1.0.0.1.
    I hope that Brandon replies to this mail, too.
    Thanks for posting your ideas so far :)

6. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

the name of the file has to be exactly HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 or in my case: HardwareId.v1.0.0.0 even when i use the version BTBpro v1.0.0.1.
    HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 without an extension

7. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

concerning the login, it is a glitch. You are logged in. So when you go to "Nandoo" a pull down screen follows where all your details are.

8. Thanks Erwin, but when I run the HID application it automatically generates a txt file so how can I remove the extension?

9. As you can see the filename is HardwareID, seemingly without the .txt extension, but when I look at the details there is a .txt extension and I can't remove the extension there.

upload_2014-10-19_10-32-18.png

10. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

You should be running the CreateHardwareId.exe, not the HID.exe. Please let me know if I have an old incorrect instruction somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks Brendon

I guess your description was correct.
    You wrote "To obtain a license you first need to run the "Create Hardware" application, it will generate a file in the BTB folder which must be uploaded to the BTB website."
    Nothing happened using the Create Hardware ID.exe so I tried the HID.exe.
    I read a post that ALL executables need to be run in admin mode so I checked if everything's running in admin mode and the Create Hardware ID.exe now creates the hardware ID without a file extension and the website accepted the upload :)

• Like Like x 1