Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
exbagboy submitted a new resource:

Alternate Physics CTF files for RFPE mod (more power and proper wheel spin at WOT) - Modified CTF Physics to be used with RFPE Mod 0.4

Alternate RFPE Physics Mod with proper wheel spin at WOT

These are modified Dirt Rally CTF files to be used with RFPE Mod 0.4

The changes are made to the already modified RFPE cars.

Cars are faster but livelier and easier to oversteer/slide in corners.

Lowered grip on light, medium and heavy gravel, it's much easier to send a car in spin with just a tap on the break pedal.

Increased grip on Asphalt, still 27% lower than vanilla game (Cars were way too slippery on dry tarmac...

Read more about this resource...

I can email you the correct Ryder version with the updated schema that opens the RFPE Dirt Rally files. It was another mod on here called Dirt More Power.

Have you had a chance to try some of the WRC and Group B cars on gravel and tarmac?

Also, I will send you which lines corresponds with which value. (this current version does not tell you what's what)
Just don't let it consume your life like it did mine.

I've been watching Fiesta WRC Sweet Lamb videos of the last stretch. All the real world rally drivers cover it in around 50-51 seconds. That's how long it takes me to cover that stretch in the modded game repeatedly, 49.6 is my record, timed my replays.

Last edited:
Yes I would love that I have kids so it won't consume I hope :) I like the tarmac of your mod I still feel like the ice isn't correct but well done. I would love for you to explain a few things that would be great
I can email you the correct Ryder version with the updated schema that opens the RFPE Dirt Rally files. It was another mod on here called Dirt More Power.

Have you had a chance to try some of the WRC and Group B cars on gravel and tarmac?

Also, I will send you which lines corresponds with which value. (this current version does not tell you what's what)
Just don't let it consume your life like it did mine.

I've been watching Fiesta WRC Sweet Lamb videos of the last stretch. All the real world rally drivers cover it in around 50-51 seconds. That's how long it takes me to cover that stretch in the modded game repeatedly, 49.6 is my record, timed my replays.

I would love you to send the correct version as it never seems to work for me. Explain stuff fairly clearly the only thing I've modded in this game is tire wear on dirt rally

All of the 0.4 cars have been included. I just double checked and it's only 19 cars.
I was hoping you were right and I missed 7 cars.
I am working on a second version. Input would be greatly appreciated.

I think ther's some kind of strange issue with the Alpine.
I managed to modify its handling once (it was astonishing to drive on asphalt) but I can't make it work anymore... :(

I think ther's some kind of strange issue with the Alpine.
I managed to modify its handling once (it was astonishing to drive on asphalt) but I can't make it work anymore... :(
Were the values not being saved?
I had trouble with 037 at first for inertia values not being saved but grip saved fine. After trying several times it now saves them. I think you have to click on a different field in the column, other than the one being modified for the Ryder editor to register it as changed and then save.

Were the values not being saved?
I had trouble with 037 at first for inertia values not being saved but grip saved fine. After trying several times it now saves them. I think you have to click on a different field in the column, other than the one being modified for the Ryder editor to register it as changed and then save.

It may be. The inertia as you said is saved properly every time, but it drives like an elephant no matter what. It seems the Dirt 4 version... I'm really lost.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time now testing this mod and comparing it to the original RFPE 4.0 so here’s my two penneth, for what it’s worth.

I do find that I much prefer the original RFPE mod if I’m honest. I’ve never really thought that the original mod suffered from too much grip on gravel and too little on tar but I was keen to try this and see how it panned out. Here’s what I thought –

On tarmac, I do find that the increased grip makes the cars quite understeery (is that actually a word?) and very difficult to position properly. What I like about RFPE is that, after a lot of practice, it feels very natural to induce a slide or a Scandinavian Flick and then get control of the car at the other end. You can feel the weight of the car which makes it easier to determine where the car wants to go and what you have to do to bring it back in line, if that makes sense? I think the increased grip and the resulting understeer makes this much less intuitive and I’m not feeling that weight transference. It just doesn’t feel natural.

If you look at videos of rally cars on tarmac, you’ll see them sliding round corners with scan-flicks or the handbrake, and then almost sliding sideways as the driver battles the torque. Rally cars aren’t set up to be glued to the ground all the time like racetrack cars are.

Again on gravel, I’m not feeling the weight of the car and the reduced grip just feels floaty and unnatural. Opposite to what I said about rally cars on tar, rally cars on gravel are looking for as much grip as possible. On gravel, the tyres dig in and bite the surface, getting their grip from a few millimetres down. When a car slides on gravel, intentionally or otherwise, it’s because the top layer and the ‘biting layer’ have moved and the car is riding the wave, so to speak. Car and surface moving together. With the mod, the slippyness and the sliding feels quite abnormal, as if the surface is staying put and the car is sliding right over the top of it – just like it would do on ice, for example. This makes it quite hit and miss when trying handbrake turns and flicks. There’s no weight to the car and there’s no indication of how or when the car is going to lose grip and control or regain it again. I don’t know how they’ve done it but the RFPE mod seems to have nailed the whole grip/loss of grip feeling.

I hope you don’t think that I’m being negative for the sake of it. I’m just passing my thoughts on. It’s great that you’re trying to do this for all of the cars but it’s just my opinion and I hope it’s useful. Just for clarity, the 3 cars I used to test were ones which I’m quite familiar with and which were all 4 wheel drive. They were also ones which I could directly compare to 4.0 – the Subaru Impreza WRX STi, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and the Audi Quattro. The tracks I used to test were Germany, Greece and Wales, all in dry weather.

I appreciate the input,this is all good information. I liked the pronounced weight transfer of the original mod cause it made them feel more like street cars but I felt it was too much for race cars. I just felt the weight transfer was way too pronounced in RFPE mod and the cars wallowed too much under steering, acceleration and braking. The Group B and WRC in the original RFPE mod did 0-60 in 4.5 sec which is too slow for those cars. Tarmac was also way to low on grip in my opinion. . Try the WRC cars (they feel different) and some other ones as well but I feel like these cars should not have that much sliding on tarmac. For Wales I get exactly the same time for the last section of Bidno Moorland as real WRC cars and my cars accelerate 0-60 on tarmac more realistically. Also Group B handbrake was not used for taking hairpins, (the way it locked the differential) so I feel like I can oversteer with just torque and trail braking better in my mod.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%