Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi, i try your mod, but first of all i'm copy the file in backup folder of 0.4 because i have mod ffb, skin reshade ecc, but the game still not save and all times need remap the controls, why?? thanks!!

Hey so would it be possible to intentionally modify a car to behave like another car not in game. I have a friend who is racing in pikes peak and he wants to make the Loeb car react more similar to his in real life car. Is it possible to modify the aero values and weight distribution to do this? Would this be something I could do myself through editing values or would a more experienced modder? Is there an email I can contact from you directly?

exbagboy updated Alternate Physics 0.7 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased Braking Torque/Wheel lock up) with a new update entry:

Alternate Physics 0.8 CTF for RFPE all cars (Reworked Pitch/Yaw inertia, cars more planted on jumps)

-Incremental increases to yaw and pitch inertia, more pronounced weight transfer, reworked values to compensate for driver and copilot weight. Used real vehicles for reference as much as I could find, as well as an inertia calculator for rfactor2.

Increasing the yaw inertia proportional to driver and copilot,
added weight makes cars behave better over jumps, cars were already more planted before but this update makes Finland a lot more drivable. Also, with the increased inertia it is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey so would it be possible to intentionally modify a car to behave like another car not in game. I have a friend who is racing in pikes peak and he wants to make the Loeb car react more similar to his in real life car. Is it possible to modify the aero values and weight distribution to do this? Would this be something I could do myself through editing values or would a more experienced modder? Is there an email I can contact from you directly?
Yes. I sent you a private message.

You are the best exbagboy! Thanks for these continuous updates..over the weekend i'll try this new version and i'll definitely do a new video, keep it up, thanks(-;

@exbagboy I study something completely off-topic but took a look at the engineering section of my uni's library. In "Rennwagentechnik" (which is a pretty renown book about race car engineering in Germany and Austria) there is one slip curve for gravel:
slipratioloosegravelt5uqg.png

Translated:
"Friction coefficients of a grooved passenger car tire: (a) dry tarmac , (b) wet tarmac , (c) loose gravel.
The graph's axes are "slip ratio" on the horizontal and "friction coefficient" on the vertical axis.

This 2014, 1000+ page book is written mostly for open wheel and some GT cars, not rally. But still, why is the slip ratio curve so different from what you and Codemasters are doing in DiRT Rally?

[also, if you want more detailed slip curves in the wet for different surface water and tire profile depth on tarmac, the book has a few of those that I could provide]

Yes, I have seen this diagram as well. Also, this is a longitudinal diagram, not lateral, (but they should be similar) you can see the piling effect of gravel debris and that's why you have that sharp increase in grip right at the end. The piling effect does not occur in lateral graphs.
I haven't graphed the most recent version of my gravel tyre but wet gravel is based on a 2006 WRC tyre telemetry for wet loose gravel. It peaks between 13-14 degrees in steering angle and drops off by around 25%.
loose Dry gravel is based on other gravel tyre articles and it peaks a bit higher at 15-16 degrees and drops of around 12%.
Another reason your diagram looks different is that it's either not a gravel tyre or this diagram only indicates what the grip on the top loose layer on gravel is. But once the tyre has dug dip enough, grip curve looks more like tarmac, that's the solid layer below the gravel. The final curve on gravel looks like a mix of loose surface curve and tarmac curve.

Below is WRC tyre telemetry for wet loose gravel peaking average around friction 0.7 u
upload_2018-1-11_13-31-45.png

Tyre B is what they modeled from the above data.

upload_2018-1-11_13-34-31.png

I'll provide more info, I'll send you my email cause I love reading about physics.

Hey. Nice to see a new update. I had mine all wrong with my customized settings from your point of reference from other cars.. I should have gone and make my own calculations, as I think I know what you are talking about when you mention the RFactor inertia calculator, I just didn't want to do that work and did some wrong guessing!

I've been wondering what you think the air resistance values y and x mean on the dirt showdown schema. I messed with them and it seemed to me like air resistance and side forces coifficients? Could they really be? I entered crazy values there and it did some crazy things to how hard was to turn the cars and velocity..
Let me know if you have any input on that.

Yes, it's longitudinal, slip-ratio is always longitudinal. I don't have any slip-angle data for gravel.

It wouldn't be scientific to have only the last part of the curve in a dug-in state and have it increase in grip only because of the changed state that is not mentioned in the description.
So you might be right that it only reflects the behavior of a very upper-surface-layer tire.
But... do the DiRT games have a factor that changes the slope from increasing to more tarmac-ish decreasing grip with higher slip-ratios? Or does the game use the decreasing slip-ratio curve for all levels of... uh... digged-in-ness?

Gotcha. I thought you were comparing it to one of the more recent lateral grip telemetry for gravel.
In an earlier version, I had posted a slip ratio curve that was just based on the values for Initial friction, final friction and optimum slip ratio(friction values in the engine are combined for lateral and longitudinal) I did not have telemetry to confirm this. Those slip curves are outdated now, my slip ratio was too low for gravel back then which is why it felt too slippery longitudinally.
In your diagram, it looks like it's a deceleration curve, I've only seen that little rise (piling effect) at the end of deceleration curves for gravel and snow. Like below.
main-qimg-43f525618a0fd9eebe6f0427d3e20ae8

Last edited:
According to Codemasters, the gravel tyre model grip adjusts dynamically to the type of gravel density and how far the tyre digs into the soil. So it's not just a lower grip model of the tarmac version. Tarmac was a lot easier to mod because it just behaved according to the values I used from the WRC tarmac tyre.

Things that I know and have confirmed with testing for gravel:

Game uses one set of parameters for wet gravel which then depending on the type of density and how deep the tyre carves into the soil, grip is then adjusted from different config files, not located in the ctf. I don't have access to these.
In short light, medium, heavy or wet, damp grip is adjusted accordingly using the basic settings in the ctf file as a starting point.
Game uses a second set of basic paramaters for dry gravel in the ctf.

All I can do is confirm that the telemetry for lateral acceleration has the basic shape of a WRC gravel tyre for both wet and dry gravel. Finland has the highest grip with light gravel and Greece has lowest for dry heavy/medium gravel.
The tool that I use does not show longitudinal slip, so I can only use the optimum slip ratio values, Initial and final friction to get a general sense but it should look similar to the lateral grip telemetry.

Testing wales with dry weather and it seems like you really dimished the grip there, no? Maybe it's the suspension work that makes the car feel less stable and more reactive.. Maybe I need to loosen up the settings too now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%