Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
exbagboy updated Alternate Physics 0.5a Renault 5 Turbo fixed (improved grip w/ telemetry), increased mass with a new update entry:

Alternate Physics 0.6 Small fixes to Group B, A and slip ratio

INSTALLATION (Included basic RFPE Plugin in rar file)

extract all files Alt Physics 0.6 CTF files in Dirt Rally main folder

Start RFPELauncher

Incremental changes and fixes in this version

Increased grip for Group B and Group A to more closely match WRC cars, gravel grip was lower on these cars and it was really difficult to keep on track in rain gravel compared to other awd cars. Still not as grippy as 2000s and modern WRC cars but more manageable.
Increased slip ratio for gravel...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I try this mod yesterday, seems pretty interesting, but i've a problem.
When the car is stopped, the wheel (fanatec csw v2) starts to turn slowly on left.
Also when the car is in motion, i feel that the wheel push on the left side.
I have the same problem with standard RFPE 0.4.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Not sure. Try using the plugin without the forcefeedback files. My ctf files only mod the physics.
You can still use the new physics if you restore raceload.jpk, impact forcefeed folder and the nd2 files. For the physics you just need rfpelauncher, plugin.dll and ctf files. And if you don't have any other mods installed progress will be saved as well.

Maybe I can have access to the game editor? I will mess around with the game tomorrow after finding this amazing mod, but I think i would like to try to tweak around if only for fun ;).

I was just watching a ogier run on fafe and the lateral grip there is how it looks like it feels here and also RBR style. It now seems possible to do the rally dance with the car, with much more foward momentum and body roll :))))

Thanks a lot man!

Oh man, just tested a bit more, but aerodynamics seem to need some tweaking if even possible. The game has the weird curvature effect on jumps that must also be present during curves, wich makes things easier to slide on.. The problem has been pointed out and it is probably the last thing that needs to be tried to achieved to make the cars feel more like cars.

So, I found a mod called Power more rally or soemthing simillar on here, but it seems some strings are not named.. I guess the author of this mod have acess to a complete one? I would be eternally grateful to him. Right now I am trying to mess around with air resistance to see if that changes anything on aerodynamics of the car.

Well, maybe I didn't! Sorry for the flood of messages. I guess I'll wait to see if I can be given a more complete version of the editor so I know what the values correspond with.

Will you still be sharing the editor values with me? I was playing on Monte Carlo and Sweeden and I believe a little less grip would be ideal. I think last RFPE mod had it close and i know you added more yourself. Maybe somwhere in the middle would be better. Maybe it's more complex than just a simple snow or ice value, right? Not sure.
Thanks.

exbagboy updated Alternate Physics 0.6 Small fixes to Group B, A and slip ratio with a new update entry:

Alternate Physics 0.7 CTF for RFPE (Increased Braking Torque/Wheel lock up)

Changes in 0.7
(Working on downforce/aero next update)

Increased brake torque values, brakes properly lock up on gravel.

Tweaked Greece dry gravel, sliding friction doesn't drop off as much as Wales, (was able to get more information on dry gravel)

Tweaked rear slip angles on gravel tires, there is more of an initial lag/understeer when tires first start to dig in heavy gravel.

Car still oversteers under high throttle, heavy braking and high body angles.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I think I give up man.. The cars seem to have a little improvment from what I've done, but I really stressed it and it still has the curving ball effect.. I can't do much more without all the code I guess, or maybe not really possible.
I am going now to RBR and see how that feels in comparison... If the car had more gravity it would be the only thing missing to make this as good as RBR, even though it has it's quirks.

Keep up the good work. I wish I could delete my mod. Let me know if you know how.

Even RBR has the same lack of car weight.. at least the vanilla! I Give up ahah. Going to try some Project Cars 2 RX and see how that really is there.. That's what I believe to be a real simmulator.

Oh well, I've been tweaking too much that I lost contact with reality or something.. Seems like some of that effect on cars is normal aerodynamics and air resistance behavior.. well, at least I am happy the game is getting better, as I believe both of yours and RFPE mod needed some tweaking still on those air resistance parameters being too high.

Maybe you are working on those too.. Let me know how it's going. I believe I"ll download your nee version and aplly my modifications to it, as some breaking is also in need of tweaking.

I know what you are going through. After a while you lose perspective. I still can't find those damn downforce/aero commands.
I've been working on discovering all the values for almost a year. I wouldn't have gotten back into it unless I was able to compare the game telemetry (used an android app DashMeterPro) with real life gravel and tarmac tire slip curves. The way the WRC cars lose grip and by what percentage is set pretty close to those real WRC tire curves. I just don't have data on the differences between front and rear (which are subtle) for gravel.

I am still not quite sure what you mean by plane physics because depending on throttle and braking and being sideways in gravel depends on many factors like car setup, throttle, losing traction due to compounding bumps. With some tweaks to the cars, I get sideways easily in RBR. I have fallen in love with that game again since I've been playing it in VR. I say enjoy the games because they do get the basics right but even RBR is not perfect, it has low inertia values for it's cars and the NGP mod and Real Physics mod improve that. Project Cars 2 is great, just wish it had more regular and rally cars.
Cheers

I know what you are going through. After a while you lose perspective. I still can't find those damn downforce/aero commands.
I've been working on discovering all the values for almost a year. I wouldn't have gotten back into it unless I was able to compare the game telemetry (used an android app DashMeterPro) with real life gravel and tarmac tire slip curves. The way the WRC cars lose grip and by what percentage is set pretty close to those real WRC tire curves. I just don't have data on the differences between front and rear (which are subtle) for gravel.

I am still not quite sure what you mean by plane physics because depending on throttle and braking and being sideways in gravel depends on many factors like car setup, throttle, losing traction due to compounding bumps. With some tweaks to the cars, I get sideways easily in RBR. I have fallen in love with that game again since I've been playing it in VR. I say enjoy the games because they do get the basics right but even RBR is not perfect, it has low inertia values for it's cars and the NGP mod and Real Physics mod improve that. Project Cars 2 is great, just wish it had more regular and rally cars.
Cheers

Wow, I am amazed... One year? I can understand how obstinated this can make someone. I've been obcessing on it the past days, everyday on this because I don't work right now..

It seems you really are digging dip with those tools, wich is something I don't believe I can be so detailed oriented.. I am trying to go with the feel, but I guess I lost prespective. Some videos around and posts also mislead me until I went and really saw some rally cars on jumps and such... Still, I believe some of the values on Air Resistance are a bit too high and I did tweak to better, at least for my liking.
On my Dirt Shodown schema they are the Air Resistance and Air Density Values. They make a difference, although subtle, depending.. You can break the game with those. With some axis the car starts to go easily into two wills and such.. like no gravity, so why I said that.

You are right about tweaks, but if the air resistance there is always too high, the setups will be built on faulty physics, so I just meant that.

I am going to send you some cars right now with some of your modified 0.7 versions. Toogle differences on EGO CTF EDITOR and see what I did. Maybe it's totally stupid, but I like those :)

I can't it seems. Well, look on my mod, there are some there. Good look though.

Yes, those first 2 values are air resistance but there is another section in there that controls down force at high speeds, that's what I am looking for. I know this from other Ego games.
Value 8 is height of center of gravity.

6 air_resistance_y 1.900009
7 air_resistance_z 3.100001
8 center of gravity 0.34035024

Oh, thats a cool thing to know!! Thanks

I see what you mean. For now I believe those aren't so badly applied in the game. I really think the Grip work you've done was really the most important for the cars to behave more slidy and like RBR and like some videos I've seen Onboard.

Center of Gravity will probably mess around even more with weight transfer, probably, no?

I'll try to help you with those values, but I'm mostly lost in there! I tried to compare values from a ctf from a RallyCross car left on Dirt rally folders, but couldn't make any of it. Wish RPFE guys released their files, as it seems they abandoned development.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 188 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 509 39.0%