Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more)

DiRT Rally Alternate Physics 1.0 CTF for RFPE all cars (Increased CG height and more) 1.0b

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ah okay, I will try making some setups for myself to see if it helps :)

I tested this using an xbox controller and every time i hit the brake, all the wheels just locked up and i flew off EVERY corner, even fairly light corners like 3's and 4's. Having played Dirt4 recently to test triple monitors, the tarmac/asphalt feels grippy as I feel it is in reality, rarely do you lock up unless you've missed the corner and need to emergency stop.

I speak for myself and maybe im wrong, but this mod bring more complex and improved simulation aspect in the game,so i think that is much more difficult to play with a controller..and i think creator of the RFPE and creator of this "alternate mod" doesnt have create or even tested these mods with controller input in mind..i think(-; And maybe you should try to modify your driving style..with this mod is not more possible to brake a few meters before the turn, but in fact the brakings distance is now more like real life and you have to brake much before(-;

Last edited:
EDIT: When I tested the original raceload.jpk file I was in a gaming cafe in Europe (on vacation) and there my progress started getting saved however it does not work on my home copy. I believe the DR version I played in the gaming cafe in Europe was pirated or cracked copy. Sorry, anyone else have luck with this?

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR PROGRESS, GAME AND CAR SETTINGS WHILE USING THE MOD RESTORE THE ORIGINAL RACELOAD FILE IN THE MAIN GAME FOLDER. Should be in the back up folder that comes with the RFPE 0.4 download. You won't have the extreme damage and force feedback from the RFPE mod but you'll be able to save your progress and play with new physics.

Last edited:
Amigo, dices que se puede dejar los daños del juego original pero con las físicas de RFPE 0.4
cambiando estos archivos raceload.jpk y n2d ? o sea las fisicas tuyas no se modifican, solo los daños seria?

Raceload lo encontré pero n2d no se donde se encuentra.... podrías decirme mas especifico donde esta n2d en la carpeta de apoyo?

Just gave this a try.

First of all. It completely fixes the floaty feeling on tarmac. The FFB is tight, and the cars are not moving like crabs anymore. Very nice!

However, gravel grip is just too low in my opinion. It basically feels like you are sweeping the roads of heaps of loose gravel all the time.
It's especially noticeable in the RWD cars. There is zero bite to the tires when driving the Fiat 131 on gravel. It feels like you are using standard road tires on a gravel road. Grooved competition tires dig in the road much more than what many people think.

With some minor tweaks this could be a masterpiece. Thanks for your work :)

Just gave this a try.

First of all. It completely fixes the floaty feeling on tarmac. The FFB is tight, and the cars are not moving like crabs anymore. Very nice!

However, gravel grip is just too low in my opinion. It basically feels like you are sweeping the roads of heaps of loose gravel all the time.
It's especially noticeable in the RWD cars. There is zero bite to the tires when driving the Fiat 131 on gravel. It feels like you are using standard road tires on a gravel road. Grooved competition tires dig in the road much more than what many people think.

With some minor tweaks this could be a masterpiece. Thanks for your work :)
The next version should fix this, added mass to the cars to account for driver weight and fuel, so tires will dig in better. This also improves weight transfer and should also be easier to induce oversteer on braking.

The next version should fix this, added mass to the cars to account for driver weight and fuel, so tires will dig in better. This also improves weight transfer and should also be easier to induce oversteer on braking.

What is your opinion on why some of the vanilla cars felt like they turned around a central pivot on tarmac, like the rear end never lines up with the front, aka "crabbing"? The worst car on tarmac for me was the 2001 Subaru, but this was the car I tried and all these strange sensation are gone. Any idea what was wrong?

Hello people , sorry if i`m a little offtopic with my question . Since you can mode all those things , i thought you shoud know how to change steering linearity not by one as -1 or -2 but like -1.5 or -1.8 .Is there a file somewhere i can change it , and to has effect .Thanks in advance and one more time sorry for my sily question.

Hello people , sorry if i`m a little offtopic with my question . Since you can mode all those things , i thought you shoud know how to change steering linearity not by one as -1 or -2 but like -1.5 or -1.8 .Is there a file somewhere i can change it , and to has effect .Thanks in advance and one more time sorry for my sily question.
Hi, i dont know if is it possible, but even if you can, i dont think you notice differences in 0,5 number progression..you have made an example of - 1.8, sorry but if you put it at - 2 what is the differences? I dont think you can notice these small change,IMHO(-;

Assetto Corsa has the increatment by 0.1.When you have a rig setted mathematicaly correct you do need correct values for every values of steering input.

Assetto Corsa has the increatment by 0.1.When you have a rig setted mathematicaly correct you do need correct values for every values of steering input.
Assetto Corsa is a full-sim, dirt rally is very distant from that..assetto corsa is mod friendly, you can change easily all the values manually with notepad.. dirt rally is not like this..maybe is it possible, but i dont think you ll notice the differences in 0,5 number progression.

Well i did change the value in wheelsettings file created by the game after calibrating the wheel ,but when i load them they didnt get applied(they get applied only if they mach the ingame slider ).I`m ready to pay if someone can give me that option ,to apply my values.Btw there is a huge differences in 0.5 number progression when you drive with 350 mm steering wheel.Anyway thanks for the feedback Miky90

exbagboy updated Alternate Physics 0.3b for plugin RFPE 0.4 (gravel improvement) (ALL CARS ADDED) with a new update entry:

Alternate Physics 0.5 CTF to be used w/plugin RFPE 0.4 (improved grip w/ telemetry)

INSTALLATION
After installing RFPE plugin 0.4
extract Alt Physics 0.5 CTF files in Dirt Rally main folder

(I thank Come Over Gaming for the RFPE plugin and the ability to mod the physics)

I recommend turning down throttle sensitivity and driving slower with new physics.

-Increased mass to account for drivers, co-pilot and fuel.
-Used Dash Meter Pro to adjust grip level to match real telemetry for tarmac and gravel.
-Braking should be done earlier, car weight transfer is more pronounced....

Read the rest of this update entry...

What is your opinion on why some of the vanilla cars felt like they turned around a central pivot on tarmac, like the rear end never lines up with the front, aka "crabbing"? The worst car on tarmac for me was the 2001 Subaru, but this was the car I tried and all these strange sensation are gone. Any idea what was wrong?

Not sure if this relates to "crabbing" but the 2 main issues I saw with Germany Tarmac were the really high lateral grip and also the loss of grip was too low at high steering angles. It only dropped by 12%.
Tarmac grip at high slip ratios and slip angles can drop by 30-40%, concrete up to 50%. Which is why being smooth with steering and not drifting too much is still the best strategy for tarmac.
comparison.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years