F1 2011 Alt-Tab stutter

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok...very similar to 2010 stuttering but.....first of all the replay file is read only......I can do approx 1 lap and then the stuttering starts, if I alt-tab out (games goes to 'pause' & window mode), then alt-tab back in its perfect again for another 1/2 lap or so, then starts again, I can reproduce this every time!!! Normal frame rate is over a hundred (everything max).. while its stuttering if I sit on the track or crawl along the drivers head twitches in unison with the stuttering???? Any help to stop me commiting suicide....I'm sure CM still havent ironed this out....it makes no difference what graphic options I change.. win7 64, 8 gig ram, GTX 560ti, AMD965 quad @3.4 nothing overclocked

I am going to state the obvious here, but with this sort of stuff we are often clutching at straws, trying to find the answer.

Run a program such as Gamebooster, to shut down all unnecessary background tasks, it will restart them all when you have finished. This software will no longer be free after June 30th :-

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Shut down your Virus checker when playing, as it may be scanning your game files on read/write when you are playing.

In your graphics settings (NVidia control panel), try switching things off, such as triple buffering (if used or available), to reduce the load.

I know I don't get stuttering with my ATI cards, however triple buffering used to cause me to time out when going from lobby to game online, because the loading would be extremely long.

My virus checker definitely slows down my game loading from boot, so if it's doing it then, it's probably doing it in game too.

This game is pretty bonkers graphically, for instance :-

In Crossfire mode, DX9 is forced and I get 35-40 fps

Disable crossfire, using single card, DX11 is used and I get 62 fps

Doh! :O_o:

This makes no sense but I've sougted it....bare in mind everything else on my PC works awsome except this, so logically its the game, however I read a couple of posts on other sites with similar problems & suggesting hoovering out the PCI port on my motherboard, IMPOSSIBLE I THOUGHT, aint gona work, but what the hell got nothing to loose..............there was a little dust build up but nothing major (I do this once a year anyway)...........ITS CURED IT...???????? I can only assume dust or crap was creating static and only affecting this game which mite be pushing my system more than others?????......I would love to get a realistic explanation

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%