• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Alt-tab back in the game is still problematic

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Jan Mikuž, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    Have had this on/off for years. Same hardware/win 7 throughout. Happens with every gpu driver.
    Anything that can be done ? What's actually preventing the game from coming back up ?

Thanks

2. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    I got a tip that windowed mode ( + borders off) helps. Set it in config tool. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    I always run in borderless windowed mode for this very reason. never had an issue since.

4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    The problem for me is in windowed mode you can't run vsync and
    the game runs at unplayable fps when vsync OFF. Feels like 30-50 and fluctuating all over the place.
    No idea what that is about. So, yeah, no windowed mode for me unfortunately with the
    hardware i'm using atm.

5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,596
    Windowed mode is always vsynced on Windows 7+ (provided you don't have Aero disabled - which can really only be done on Win7, not on 8 or 10). It doesn't matter what you set in the game. It's actually the only way to run proper triple buffered vsync on Windows. Which is also why it's causing the microstutters - that's something triple buffered vsync can cause.

So running sims windowed is the worst option possible, really - you get the increased input lag of vsync with the added high possibility of microstuttering caused by triple buffering. And you often get worse performance in windowed mode. The only advantage is that you can Alt-Tab reliably, really.

• Like Like x 1