Alpine @ Snow and Asphalt - 11th - 15th April 2016

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
1851.jpg

Trying out one of the new cars on snow and asphalt, where it looks really at home.

This is a rally for all members of RaceDepartment, premium or not. So just sign up, tag your friends or enemies, not to mention the fremenies to see who can drive the fastest, and not run off at the same time.

League Name (must be a member to be able to participate):
RaceDepartment
Cars: Renault Alpine A110
Itinerary:

SS01: Monte Carlo - Col de Turini Sprint en Montèe - Midday - Clear
SS02: Sweden - Stor-jangen Sprint Reverse - Midday - Clear
SS03: Monte Carlo - Col de Turini Dèpart en Descente - Midday - Clear
SS04: Monte Carlo - Route de Turini Descente - Midday - Clear
SS05: Germany - Kreuzingsring - Midday - Clear

SS06: Monte Carlo - Pra d'Alart - Midday - Clear

Session Open: From 00:01 GMT 11th of April to 23:59 GMT 15th of April
Re-Runs: No!
Event Restart: No!
Owned Vehicles: No!
Career Engineers: Yuuup!
Service: Before SS: 01, 03 and 05
Car Setups: Before SS: 01, 03 and 05
Checkpoints: At SS: 01, 03 and 05

Just did the Rally and general thoughts on the car...

It handles just like any Porsche in any sim I've ever driven... In other words I was not having fun.
It felt like it was constantly understeering and then I would snap into oversteer out of nowhere. It may have been my setup which was a quick fix with general things for RWD cars which deffinitly didn't solve the Porsche-esq problems...

I'm sure there will be people who enjoy the car and will be able to tame it and set blistering times but for me, I'll stick with my Trusty Mini and Fulvia...

Just finnished mine now. I enjoyed this rally, was fun.... On SS1 my handbrake set me up, and stop brake at the start so I did a false start :mad::mad::mad:
Then I had to change the handbrake button and got back to the rythm! Se you guys next rally!

Did the first 2, poorly (the Alpine does not like ice...),saved, then went on to do the next 3, having some fun and a bit more success. On my last stage, Dirt Rally informed me it could not upload my results. I had to kill it with Task Manager and lost my last 3 stages. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Hopefully have time again this evening. Really like the selection of stages

A comeback today on dirt rally after a while away from the game. This was a good rally to test out this newAlpine car.
First stage I had to adjust T500 to make car drivable. Fun to ride Dirt again but this car was a bit strange to drive. Car loved to drive in a strait line.. corner was not its best strength.

many spins and struggled to get a good rhytm. This car must be fun in Greece stages. Did come almost last in ranking :notworthy:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%