Alpine Hills thief hunt of 2012 (merged)

Freewebs denied my poor C&D (lol..) and refused to disclose his address.. No problems, that why we have that "show source" option under our right click.. Sent him a letter.

Try using a DMCA instead. If you get to the top tier host (not just the reseller), they will take it seriously. DMCA is always in the favour of the person making the complaint, and just a small amount of proof that they have stolen your work and a well written email will get that site taken down in a few days. All depends on what host it is once you get to the very top level of who really owns the server. You find it's a small list and that most hosts out there are resellers and not worth dealing with at all.

This is lame.....its a Copy/Paste stole in most part and this process is used in some cases.
I am working on something myself and i`ve used some of the files from different MODs but i use it only to guide myself and to test.
The final product will be 100% my work but i thanks to those who made this before me and this way i learned faster on how things works.
Its a shame what is happening but i dont think it will ever stop.Imagine those who makes a game and they are hacked by SKIDROW or any other group.Same feeling only mutch stronger.

I just noticed that Woodvale has been removed. I can't remember if Mountain Roads was in the main list, but it isn't now. It is however in the 'recent' list at the top.

The mail i sent to the Tripp Team admin worked, now there's also a note that the archive is hosted by Tripp Team in the frontpage so all the complaints should be sent to there, you can google it. They seem to be legit. The BMW3 Challenge archive itself is completely stolen but i have no interest in this matter anymore. The mediashare link is still live but i won't be starting any grief with them...

I'll expect the Mountain Roads to disappear in due time, he may have automatic system for new files. I'm glad that i stopped one guy and revealed another. Not a 100% success but small victory.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%