1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Alpine Hills Etiquette, please read

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

This event is being run a "road course", not really a street or a "race" track type of roadrace as we're used to. It's nothing like Nordschleife, trickier even than Solitude. With country roads similar to the IoM and the Irish road courses this circuit is full of danger! In fact these combinations of open road and twisties can be found all around the countryside where I live here in Connecticut.

Along the way are blind entries to very slow corners, off camber corners,ditches that can swallow cars along with rocks, trees, barriers and telephone poles capable of rendering a $200k race car into a quite still statue. Oh and I forgot that the road is full of other drivers all looking for the same piece of pavement and some are going to end up in the gravel.

As this is a devilish place I expect drivers to be very careful. You might think it best to not attempt to hold up a driver that is obviously quicker than yourself but to please give room! This may have to be the case during qualifying as well as the race. It's a fun event, don't let that thought get lost and try to make it a race against the track instead of a combat between cars.

Except during a superpole qualifying session your first timed lap will be begin on your first lap as the start/finish line is at the end of pit road. The superpole session has been extended to 15 minutes. Be very careful on your outlap.

I'm sure the grid will be a bit mixed. The first lap of each race will be a "dillie" to the first hairpin! The road is very narrow, the esses prior to it are very slippery and everyone wants to get there before the other guy. Please, give it a break[brake] on the first lap and lets have the real race start after the hairpin or there might be no one to take the second lap!

Thanks Dannis

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

For you viewing pleasure!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.