1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alonso Moves to Ferrari, Raikkonen moves to Mclaren and Kubica moves to Renault

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Ben Tusting, Sep 28, 2009.

1. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78995

With lawyers working hard on the last few details of Kimi Raikkonen's release from his contract with Ferrari, a move that will pave the way for the Finn to return to McLaren, the Maranello-based outfit has openly admitted that it wants to announce its line-up as quickly as possible.

Once the Ferrari-Alonso announcement is made, Renault is expected to confirm that Polish driver Robert Kubica will lead its team in 2010.

2. Hannu Karesola

Hannu Karesola
    Premium Member

Ferrari wants to get "best drivers" and at same time offers to McLaren a chance to build up a dream team. And what will happen when Massa beats Alonso on track? 2007 again maybe? Mr Whitmarsh said yesterday that he is very interested to get Kimi back and Haug was saying pretty much same today so it seems this all really may happen. Grey suits Kimi better than red imo. :)

3. Hmm i wonder if Hamilton will blow him off

4. Rosberg and Button for Brawn it seems like, I wonder if Barrichello will replace Rosberg at Williams?

A quick mock-up of next year's possible entry list (some complete guesses of course), what do you reckon?

McLaren: Hamilton, Raikkonen
    Ferrari: Alonso, Massa
    Brawn: Button, Rosberg
    Red Bull: Vettel, Webber
    Renault: Kubica, Grosjean
    Williams: Barrichello, Hulkenberg
    Torro Rosso: Buemi, Alguersuari
    Force India: Sutil, Liuzzi
    Toyota: Glock, Nakajima
    Campos: De La Rosa, Petrov
    Virgin Manor: Carroll, Kovalainen
    Lotus: Jani, Trulli
    US: Villeneuve, Senna
    Sauber (if they run): Heidfield, Di Grassi

5. The first gay teammate relationship?

6. Hannu Karesola

Hannu Karesola
    Premium Member

That's the most interesting thing there. At least Kimi has a cool head so he could live with being beaten sometimes. We saw Alonso couldn't which cost him a championship by one point and 100 millions for McLaren.

7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

2007 had nothing to do with Hamilton beating Alonso on track... has more to do with Hamilton breaking the qualy strategy agreement and then going to stewards against Alonso.

I'm always wondering why most people forgot about this part of the history.

Trully and Fisichella beat Alonso on track more than once and nothing happened...

8. ..........:laugh2:

9. Isn't that Massa and Rob Smedley?

10. Interesting you included Carroll :)

Also, for Torro Rosso, don't rule out Loeb. Lewis (Fergossjean) mentioned that there was a rumor about it, and he DID test for Red Bull last year AND Citroen are sponsored by Red Bull.

11. And Rossi :)

12. Alonso confirmed at Ferrari

13. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Adam with Heiki, hmmm Another embarrasing year for Heiki it seems :D

14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Waiting for Press Release from Mclaren welcoming Kimi Back now.

15. now if ferrari would only stop with the "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD", and ditch massa, we could have schumi and alonso vs hamilton and raikkonen...

:sweetdreams:

16. ignore me as i am an idiot