1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All My Mods....gone

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Robby, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I started Steam, it said it needed to convert the format of f1 2012 to a better one, it updated it, reinstalled everything, all mods gone, including ML's which are gone. I hate Steam and I won't play f1 2012 again.
    This is me being angry, **** steam
  2. Here's a magic word: "BACKUPS".
    But hey, why bother? If something goes wrong you can always log onto a forum and bitch about it. Cause that always helps...
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

4. IDK why people dont do backups more... i mean seriously,

The same happened to my dirt3 and F1- 2010 but i just dragged and dropped my modded folders back into the game and no issues... less than 3 minutes of work for the backup and the restore...
  5. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

I made a thread about this not too long ago. :)
  6. I've been meaning to share this for a while now, the 1st thing I do when I install F1 is back up the whole game just in case a mod go's wrong. Then as I start to mod it I periodically back up that version, I'll call it current version or something, That way if [or when rather] I have to reinstall I don't have to re mod it one at a time. So simply put I always have three copies. One original and two modded. Today was just a hiccup.
  7. Just follow Tom Endres thread posted above.
    I did that and now things are much better. And for the game, you don't need to backup since you can just use the "verify files integrity" on steam to fix the game, but having a folder for the mods is the best way to solve any problem.