F1 2017 ALL Graphics Issued Solved

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
On the chance that this may help some of you I decided to post my solution.

Background : Over the last few months I've become increasingly annoyed as I've spent more time messing with settings in various games at times than playing them. The four biggest issues I've had have been :

(1) jerky in-game cut scenes on some titles
(2) Automobilista and GSC stuttering in replays
(3) F1 2017 - excessive blur and worst of all white sparkling edges where the AA SHOULD have been
(4) Assetto Corsa - flickering shadows and again the white edges

I've tried every setting known to man, I've tweaked, I've reinstalled numerous times.

It was starting to get to the point tonight where I was thinking something was wrong with my system. Then in a flash of inspiration I uninstalled the latest Nvidia driver (for my average GTX 970) INCLUDING Physx and Experience and I reinstalled 358.50 DRIVER ONLY.

NO Experience, NO PhysX, just the driver.

I am stunned.

F1 2017 is sharp, AA actually WORKS WITH THE GAME SETTINGS.
Assetto Corsa's shadows are crisp and clean.
GSC and AMS are running replays like a dream.
ALL the white sparkles are gone.

I can only surmise that Nvida have added so much crap over the last couple of years that going back to something with less complexity has in some way solved my issues, but I literally feel like I've had a system upgrade.

FINALLY F1 2017 looks like the screenshots.

If this helps one person then the post will have been worthwhile - I urge you to try it out and post your findings.

Thanks

It could work for any game if it supports it. Some games have a problem with it, it just a question of trying it out.

I have one game (which I can't remember the name of) that just creates a huge screen that would take 4 monitors to display the rendered image, and as I only have 2 monitors side by side as an extended desktop, only half the rendered image was visible, making it unusable (even to interact with to close the game). Also my second monitor is not used for gaming at any time, it's purely for desktop work, but it ended up being dragged into rendering this game, when it's not really up to spec for gaming.

The way around this might have been to disable the 2nd monitor, but I am not going to such things just to run one game at a different resolution.

I guess it's just down to your card and what it can handle. Does it take less resources to render a frame at 2560x1440 (for example) with no AA? Or does it take less resources to render a frame at 1920x1080 with AA? In my case I get limited to 60 FPS when using this mode, but that's acceptable to me as it's a stable 60 fps, well within the card's capability

Last edited:
20170908042045_1.jpg I'd just like to share what I achieved while experimenting with NVInspector.
I'm using a i5-6400 / GTX 970 / WIN10 / 8GB / 2240x1400@60Hz / 50"
In-game settings are high/ultra
60Fps without drops
I have manually set the draw distance to "200" in /..._config.xml
Hope this helps someone
PS remove the ".ini" extension or force-load to NVI

Attachments

• F1 2017.nip.ini
    6.5 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
I also recommend trying leaving the AA set to the highest setting in game and at 1920 x 1080 but turn on override application setting in radeon settings and set AA to 8x and supersampling on (VSR off). Sounds like conflicting info but works best on my R9 290X 8GB. Also if I set the pixel format to full RGB I get better colours and a much deeper black in general. :)

Edit: The VSR method does a much better job of anti aliasing the cars and removing the sparklies around their edges

Last edited:
View attachment 210786 I'd just like to share what I achieved while experimenting with NVInspector.
I'm using a i5-6400 / GTX 970 / WIN10 / 8GB / 2240x1400@60Hz / 50"
In-game settings are high/ultra
60Fps without drops
I have manually set the draw distance to "200" in /..._config.xml
Hope this helps someone
PS remove the ".ini" extension or force-load to NVI
Can you highlight your changes in this Inspector file, so I see what you did and not overwrite mine beforehand? Sometimes my restore doesn't work well, so just to be sure.

Can you highlight your changes in this Inspector file, so I see what you did and not overwrite mine beforehand? Sometimes my restore doesn't work well, so just to be sure.
I shared the above profile with some friends and I must say the results have varied.especially between Win7/10 users... So I think It'll be best to share AA game specyfic settings guide along with HBAO settings. This way everyone can try for themselves. I recommend spending some time HERE first to understand and properly implement these useful settings into your game.

Good luck!

I wish I could use VSR. :( My AMD RX480 has it greyed out in the control panel. Seems the RX480 will never get it enabled.
Annoying isn't it?

Now a top notch graphics card is more expensive than the PC's I used to build not so many years ago. I think I paid around £450 for my current card about a year ago ........ and it went out of date (in computer terms) in about 5 minutes :rolleyes:

This game is horribly optimized or it could be nVidias stupidity
My system eats other games for breakfast at 2560x1440, but this game is slows down in the rain or has low fps in normal conditions
My system:
Asus 1080ti Rog OC
Intel i8700k
16gig ddr4 ram
Asus z370-H motherboard

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years