1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All @ Anderstorp - Mon 09.03.09 - Sat 14.03.09

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RANK
    Class: FIA-TC-65, FIA-GTC-65-, FIA-GTC-TC-76
    Track: Anderstorp
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 1 minute
    Qualification: 60 minutes

Notes:

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

OK chaps, let's get out there and do some laps. :D

Special Prize* for best times using the following:-

TC65 - Jaguar MkII
    GTC65 - Merc 300SL
    GTC76 - '69 Corvette

*in this case "special" = "non-existant"

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Wot, nothing for a Mini, I've already posted a good'un (well for me anyway). :rotfl:

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I never doubted the mini would get some takers, but the ones above are probably least favoured in the game (the Elite getting a boost after the great events @ Dijon, 914's after Road Atlanta/Zandy).

5. Bram

Bram

You should have seen Warren throwing that Mini all over the place last night. FWD car i dont think so: it drifts :D

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Four wheel drifting, only way to drive a Mini. :wink2::laugh2:

BTW, when do the stats get updated?

7. Bram

Bram

Once a day (at EU-nights) at around 3 or 4 GMT if i am correct, not sure

8. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Actually, I quite like driving the Mercedes 300SL, the only problem is you get very nervous driving it in case you wreck it. These things are true classics now, rare as hens teeth, and worth an absolute fortune. :)

9. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Ah. In that case my first few reconnaissance laps probably made a few insurers cry then :D

Couldn't do any more because my hand is playing up, but the Merc felt OK actually. :good:

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Aaaaaaggghh!! I've been robbed.
    My Mini laps don't seem to have been recorded. I did a new PB of 1.52.079 and it hasn't been listed.
    Does that mean that you can't change cars during a session? After spending most of my time in the Mini, I hopped into a Pantera for something different, and it has been recorded, but none of my Mini laps are recorded. Bummer. :disapointed:

EDIT: After more searching, I found it. It is recorded under the TC65 class, but for some reason doesn't get included in the "All Classes" list.
    I notice Bram's lap in the Cortina isn't included in "All Classes" either. Strange??

11. warren. very good time in the pantra in andertorp. makes me wonder what will be your time in a capri. my pb 1'43'1

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I found a few like that, my Merc lap shows under "Popular Circuits" or something, but doesn't show under GTC65.

I think we just need to hunt around a little bit for now.

13. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Nah! I'm not very good in the Capri, that is your specialty, Amir.
    One thing I can advise, it's not a wise move to spend 20 mins in a Mini and then jump into a Pantera. It guarantees that you wipe out about 5 Pantera's in your first 5 mins. :rotfl:

14. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I'm guessing you can't use the Minis braking points in a Pantera :good:

15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

You don't use the brakes in a Mini, :laugh2:.

Oops, giving away my secrets. :quiet:

16. Amir, I did half a dozen laps last night in the Capri, was waiting for dinner and needed something to occupy the time :rotfl:, was fastest until Warren blitzed it with the Panty but I recon Ben should be able to destroy my time easily, if I can muster the energy I'll be trying some other cars today, maybe even try the Italian/American too, hehe.

Sam

PS. I used one of my "old" setups from the online folder with all the fuel out, I have gotten into the habit of uploading my setups, one, because I do a re-install of sys at least once a year and always forget to back up settings folder:curse: and two, some of the guys I race with at the league in my sig like to use them as baselines for themselves.

17. I was just browsing through and i saw my name mentioned :p

I'll have a go in a second.

I see Warren used my Baby :D ( Pantera)

18. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I can't believe it Stu, you managed to convince me to take Miss Daisy driving in her tank (er saloon ) around Anderstorp.
    It was like navigating the Queen Mary up a river, but sorta fun after a few laps. Miss Daisy was looking a bit pale in the back seat though. :laugh2:

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Mwuahahahahaha! etc.:sinister:

Thing is, it is fun in the Jag - d'you get her much under 2 minutes?

I was on for (if the 2nd split gap remained consistent) a 1.58.8, then spewed the last corner trying to be greedy - never got close to that again, and then went to bed.

20. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

1.56.441 but sshhh :quiet: , be vewy vewy quiet, or the aliens will be all over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.