F1 2010 All aids of with Xbox Controller

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I want to be a racing driver when i grow up, i have already decided that i am going to get a racing license and try and get a drive in formula ford.

I am about to switch all aids off, but is this a good idea seeing i am using a xbox contoller?

And/Or do any of you do this and how do you get on

I used analogue contoller on pc with no assists and failed. Now i have a wheel im much better without assists. I know some are great with controllers but everyone is different. Ive got the hang of things in about a week but still make mistakes.

Me too I use a 360 controller with pc, and find it no problem at all throttle control is okay once you set it up to your liking in the controller setup menu ! I now drive with no aid's and find it very good, although I do want to upgrade to a wheel for driving games.

Your best bet is to just learn the tracks off by heart and your braking points, you don't have as much flexibility with a controller as with pedals as you can't be as precise, so if you are struggling to find the perfect 75% coming out of a corner it is easier to just tap the trigger in and out and once your in the right direction and stable gun it.

Good Luck

I have some problems driving with Traction Control turned off completely (using XBOX360 controller @ PC), does anybody has some advice / some good settings for the controller?
My main concern is the non-linear behaviour of the throttle trigger, the first half of the way gives you like 25% throttle, the 2nd half gives the other 75%, so going through a corner where you stay on the throttle a little, you just fling yout finger a little bit and --> spinning :(

Sorry for the english, hating German as native language -.-'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back