Alfa Romeo GTA Junior vs Jaguar E-type @ Magny-Cours - Thu 31st May, 2012

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Jaguar E-type #820 (Default car) vs. Alfa Romeo GTA Junior ( download )
Track: Magny-Cours GP layout (Default track)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (11 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (11 laps)

Note 1: We will only use the #820 Jaguar in this race, not the lightweight coupes
Note 2: The GTA Junior requires additional Sound files. ( download here )
Note 3: The car you will drive in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the entry list below. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1. For Race 2 you switch to the other car.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito GTA
  2. Senad Subasic E-Type
  3. Rupe Wilson GTA
  4. Hans Sneep E-Type
  5. Peter van Zanten GTA
  6. Jacob Boonstra E-Type
  7. Jack Smith GTA
  8. Paul M Jones E-Type
  9. Stuart Thomson GTA
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

Good. Did you place the Alfa mod in the TC65 folder? As Stuart said, it can work offline if you misplaced it in another folder, but not online. And did you join with the #820 Jag?

Make sure you don't have any old installs of the Alfa Junior. Perhaps remove the mod folder and reinstall, if you had a previous version there before.

And there is also a soundpack needed for the Alfa (see first post)

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Again a good night of racing in the GTL club.

I was dubious about the car combo after I did a few laps in the Jag. But after I managed to do a few consistent laps, realized the cars were doing very similar lap times.
And because they're so different, the racing was quite fun :)

Jag in race 1, racing with Jack mostly. Well, overtaking him on the straight, and then sliding about in the twisty bits. In the end, ran out of fuel on the last lap, at the pit entry, 100 yards from the finish line :(

Race 2 was better; Rupe in the Jag, Roland and I in the Alfa were driving together for the entire race practically.
We all had our moments. I squeezed past Rupe at the final chicane once, but realized he had to go off track, and lost ground because of it, so let him by. He went wide in turn 2, so I built up a couple of seconds of buffer.
Then we encountered Roland who spun in the middle section. I immediately felt the irresistible urge to spin as well, for the sake of solidarity :D. Rupe caught up, and we were driving together again.

I noticed some lag during the race, looks like that was on my end. I hope I didn't cause any issues. There were some spins around me, but I was well away, I think.

Great choice, thanks to Knut, Stuart and everyone who joined.

Well I had two fourth place finishes...like kissing someone elses sister...not all that bad:p.

Seriously though in Race 1 I was in the Alfa and Rupe was all over my tail for a good part and Senad was just a head. We had several good laps of close driving until Rupe lost it on a corner. Senad and I switched positions several times but I prevailed in the end, but it was anyone's place for the taking.

Race 2. In the Jaguar this time. Had a good start and was second coming into the first hairpin but lost it .... the Jaguar is a difficult car to adjust too after driving the Alfa. Lost several places. After some close racing and a few drivers having some offs I got back to 4th with 2/3 rds of the race left. Jacob was about 8 sec??? ahead and I very slowly closed the gap. He was really driving a good race. On the last lap I momentarily passed him at the hairpin but afraid of cutting him off I stayed wider than normal and he regained the position again. I closed in again coming down to the second to last corner of the last lap and I tried to gain momentum as he slowed for the corner but I misjudged the speeds and I bumped him. I waited and we slowly preceeded through the last chicane to complete the last chapter in our battle. Once again, good driving Jacob.

Wd done podiums, cheers to all drivers. Thanks Knut for a challenging event.

Another fun event ... but at times it was torture self inflicted the best kind:devilish:
I have been practising with the direct shifter ...(Knut inspired me to try it )
Ive always raced cockpit view and if the car had paddles then i used paddles otherwise it was sequential shifting ( g25 ... this is why i will not buy g27 what were logitech thinking about ...).. all was going OK but had a few moments and at the last sec switched back to sequential.. that was a big mistake..i just mixed myself up to much....
But had great fun in the races .. even though i was not at my best ....Race1 was going great until i spun for the 6th time...:cry: .. but i was going quicker than id been... eventually finished at the rear ...
Race 2 was a accident waiting to happen i felt a lot better with a proper gearbox as it slowed the downshifting down a bit ... the jag doesn't like my sequential shifting..( i don't think any car would like it) i did enough laps to get my tyres to the correct temps..
but by lap 5 of the race i had 3 deg hotter in the centre it felt not good at all and the rears were the same ...to much pressure i think.... so by now i think ive run out of excuses for my poor performance...But considering my practice time against race time i was a lot quicker .. if you guys werent so fast it would of been a stella drive...
well done all who entered and raced....
@Senad Subasic ... i wondered why you slowed ...it was my mistake going wide i couldn't make the corner safely so kept wide....it was a frantic few laps good fun ....
...Now Ive got to get my head round a Mini...:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing