Alfa Romeo GTA Junior vs Alpine A110 @ St. Jovite - Thu 14th June, 2012

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Renault Alpine A110 (Default) vs. Alfa Romeo GTA Junior ( download )
Track: St.Jovite ( download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (12 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins Only for the Alpine ( Default list )
Note 2: The GTA Junior requires additional Sound files. ( download here )
Note 3: The car you will drive in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the entry list below. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1. For Race 2 you switch to the other car.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito GTA
  2. Rupe Wilson Alpine
  3. Stuart Thomson GTA
  4. Senad Subasic Alpine
  5. Jacob Boonstra GTA
  6. Carlos Diaz Alpine
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Just an off-topic from TS chat:
1953 24 Hours of Le Mans

At the 1953 event Hamilton and Rolt had been disqualified for practising in a car with the same number as another on the circuit at the same time.

Hamilton was a larger-than-life character,[3] and his account of what followed has passed into motor racing legend: by the time Jaguar team manager Lofty England persuaded the organisers to let them race, both drivers were drunk in a local bar; when the race was under way the team tried to sober Hamilton up by giving him coffee during the pit stops but he refused it, saying it made his arms twitch; instead he was given brandy. Lofty England refuted the story: "Of course I would never have let them race under the influence. I had enough trouble when they were sober!"[4] Tony Rolt likewise maintained that it was fiction.[5]
Aside from Formula One, Dunken contested nine times in the legendary endurance race "The 24 Hours of Le Mans". The most notable was the race of 1953. Driving a works Jaguar C-Type, he and co-driver Tony Rolt believed that they had failed to gain entry for the race. So, after qualifying, they headed into town for a monster session. Only once they’d drowned their sorrows several times over were they found by a team member who told them that they would be starting the race after all. And guess what happened - still completely drunk, they won the race. A very interesting part of the whole story thou, was the fact that Hamilton collided with a bird, while driving at 130 mph. He got his nose broken, but he soldiered on. Another racing legend says, that Dunken refused to drink coffee in the pit-stop to keep himself awake, because it was making his hands shaky. Instead, to keep him calm and focused, the team were giving him a glass of brandy. Still, the fact remains that despite being drunk, Dunken Hamilton and his co-driver, became the first team to average a speed of 100 mph in the history of Le Mans. Later that year, Duncan made even more of an impact when he crashed into a pylon when racing in Oporto and cut off the power supply to the Portuguese city for several hours.

Duncan Hamilton

Duncan-Hamilton-24h-de-Le-Mans-1953.jpg

Nice story Knut! Nice event too, despite my dropping in at the last minute (again:D) still managed quite a good race 1 in the Alfa, running 3rd almost the whole race. At an enormous gap to the leading duo though..
Race 2 in the Alpine I had way more troubles, being able to follow Stu around in the first laps, but several mistakes and spins threw me back to the rear of the field where I had some fun laps with Rupe.
Again, nice event Knut:thumbsup: I am glad I made it after all..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back